Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Alex
Who do I take (send) mortgage docs to have reviewed for fraud? I need someone who specializes in the intricacies of sophisticated fraud using MERS, forgeries, robosigned docs, parent money laundering etc. 
Quote 0 0
Jay_Son
Rather than spending your time dealing with charlatans and scam artists trying to show you how to "do it yourself," you need to spend your time looking for a good attorney that understands the issues and has successful experience in foreclosure defense. 

Not all attorneys will do well in this field of law, so you need to get an idea of the law so you can determine if an attorney you are interviewing would serve you well.  Search this forum and read all the posts you can that were written by William A. Roper, Jr.  There is a wealth of knowledge there, and if you can take that in to your search for an attorney, you will have more success. 

Please read my recent thread about the challenges pro se litigants are usually unable to overcome.
Quote 0 0
Moose
A certified fraud examiner is anything but free but you can find one here:

CFE locator

But to get some free advice, at least start here:

HUD Counselor locator

I would avoid any of the "CCCS" organizations - they have a tendency to ignore the problems created by servicers and are better equipped to deal with people with other types of credit issues.

Moose

Quote 0 0
Alex
I was actually for a name of someone who ha a track record. Maybe a retired Justice Dept attorney with experience in this depth of crime. He/She can be anywhere, so long as they can receive faxes/attachments. 
Quote 0 0
Moose
It depends on what state you live in but I will also warn you that law enforcement at the federal level does not get involved in matters under $250,000 or that they consider to be civil issues.

State Attorneys General are also less than effective and will not get involved in individual cases.

Moose

Quote 0 0
I am not learned in the law.  I am just a person that has come to know of many victims of a scam perpetuated by Summit Legal Group in Bocac Raton Florida.

Simply stated, they took money up-front, said they had filed paperwork with lending institutions, told clients to cease making mortgage payments, stopped returning phone calls, and did nothing as clients went into foreclosure and lost their homes.

The victim with whom I have had the most contact was able to deal with thebank directly and get a Loan Modification.  From what I have been given to understand, this is extremenely unusual.

This firm is essentially a group of Non-Lawyers headed by Randy Baker and Solomon Macari.  They aligned themselves with Attorney William Timothy O'Toole.  They have scammed hundreds of people.  These people were at the end of their rope when they contacted Summit.  They don't know where they should turn next. 

O'Toole received an emergency suspension from the Florida Bar and they are moving towards disbarment with all deliberate speed.  The Economic Crimes Division of the Florida Attorney General's Office, already understaffed, has filed a suit against Baker, Kennedy, and Associates, a prior enterprise of non-lawyer pretending to be a lawyer Randy Baker.  They have an ongoing investigation against Summit.

The victims have been speaking with each other.  We are determined to see Baker brought to justice. 
Quote 0 0
Mortgage fraud cases is now really increasing and that includes cases with mortgage scams. Actually, as I browse the web, I've read so many cases about this matter that ended with imprisonment of the accused individuals. I think this is a good news because the persons who are behind mortgage fraud scams are now being lessen but it would still not be enough. To prevent such thing, the mortgage loan applicants are the ones that should beware of their loan applications. As a matter of fact, The Federal Bureau of Investigation is cautioning against a growing number of cases of home loan scams, mostly from fraudulent loan applications. Foreclosure prevention and mortgage refinancing scams are also a severe issue for troubled homeowners. I found it here: FBI states cases of home loan fraud skyrocketing.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...