Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Exhausted!
Well, my mortgage modification paperwork has finally reached my front door after an exhausting 6 months.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  The past year has been an emotional nightmare for me and my family fighting Litton.

So, do I really trust these people or not?  I don't know if I could ever trust another financial institution again to even have a checking account.  And as far as Litton goes...well...you know...

How do we protect ourselves after we sign the (so called) modification forms?  I don't really think I could go through this crap again!

Thanks for your valued opinions!

Exhausted in America
Quote 0 0
    I don't know the facts of your case but for all those out there in your situation, I would just like to say that you should visit the Livinglie.com
web site and study it carefully because many of you may not owe anything.
It's possible you own your home free and clear right now, but don't realize it.
    This could be true if MERS was listed as Nominee for the original "fly by
night mortgagee" that no longer exists. For a mortgage to be enforceable in
a Court of Equity, both the Note and the Mortgage must be transferred together to the new owner of the debt. In many cases with MERS, the mortgage was never transferred when the Note got transferred. When this
happens, the Note is no longer secured by the mortgage and the new Note
holder has no EQUITY in the property, thus such entity can not foreclose in
a Court of Equity, which is what foreclosure court is.
     The new Note holder could only sue in a court of LAW for a money judgement and if obtained, place a lein against the property. The Note
in such a situation might be modifialble in bankruptcy court and the homestead exemption might come into play in certain states like Florida
and Texas.
      Also, most of the time, the Notes were bundled together in "Note Pools"
and sold on Wall Street as a CDO (collateralized debt obligation). Often, the
same "note pool" was sold several times over to multiple "gullible" investors
because Wall Steet was able to finagle a "AAA" rating on the security. So your Note may have been paid off several times over by these investors.
Also, do to credit default insurance with AIG and other mortgage insurance
companies, they may have collected "default insurance" several times over
on your Note. When AIG received all these "default claims", they were so overwhelmed, that the US taxpayers had to lend them $195 billion so they
could "pay off" all the claims. So your Note may be owned by the US govt
due to this "credit default" insurance.
      The bottom line is that the servicer pestering you, may not own the Note, they are merely the collector for the true owner, which might no longer exist or if it does, is unknown, since  the Note got transferred so many times
that even MERS doesn't know who owns it! The Notes got traded like baseball cards or better, like cash. Each Federal Reserve Note has a number
on it, but try figuring out who owns any specific FRN at any given time. It's almost impossible! It's the same with mortgage Notes, in most cases, no one knows who has it since they were and still are traded like  $100 bills. So you may not owe anything! You may demand to see the original Note, and if the servicer can't produce it, they have no standing to be harassing you for the money and in any case it was probably already paid off several times over by unknown third parties! 
Quote 0 0
The Equitable One
Read very carefully the paperwork they have sent to you. The loan mod offers I've read all include "hold harmless" language that is beyond the pale. In essence the borrower signs away any and all claims, rights and defenses for any bad deeds committed by the lender in the past, AND any bad deeds they may commit in the future.

Not a good idea to enter into a contract that gives the other carte blanche to act in anyway they like. More so when it is Litton.

Another thing to be mindful of is that many loan mods aren't really loan mods at all. They are new loans, as opposed to modifications of an older loan. This is done cleverly and is not at all obvious. The reasons for such are the various frauds and violations of regulations/statutes associated with the old loan.  Making that loan "disappear" and replacing it with a new loan has the effect of making the liability for those frauds and violations also disappear.

Be careful, and scrutinize everything very closely.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...