Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
MF

http://stopforeclosurefraud.com/2011/11/16/ingham-county-register-of-deeds-curtis-hertel-jr-statement-on-michigan-supreme-courts-mers-decision/
Quote 0 0
MF
When I posted this the other day I was hoping to get a feed back from Michiganders and legal minds out there. So far no comments? Should I say this decision is way off considering the U.S. Supreme Court opinion in Carpenter v Longan. Shouldn't the Mich Supreme court adhere to this since it is a precedent case?

In common law legal systems, a precedent or authority is a principle or rule established in a legal case that a court or other judicial body may apply when deciding subsequent cases with similar issues or facts. Black's Law Dictionary defines "precedent" as a "rule of law established for the first time by a court for a particular type of case and thereafter referred to in deciding similar cases."[1]

In other words precedent can be defined as "an already decided decision which furnishes the basis for later cases involving similar facts and issues."

In analyzing the courts decision, IMO the court reached as far back as possible to justify their decision. However, doesn't the Carpenter v Longan (1872) predate most of the courts citation? So since the mortgagee, the note holder and servicer can all foreclose. That simply means that even if you pay off your mortgage, you can still be foreclosed on? I say "crazy"...
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...