Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
anon
In my continuing effort to not be swept up in the foreclosure tsunami I went to the foreclosure sales court to get my house delisted from the online auction page. I know how mistakes can happen in Miami Dade County. I was forced to sit thru 3 hours of 2 second hearings on foreclosure sales. To my horror the judge did not seem to be aware of any moratorium on anything. He denied every motion even if the home owner and plaintiff attorney agreed. Especially grating were the sucked in homeowners who pleaded that their mortgage company had agreed to to HAMP loan modification and the plaintiff either was not in court because they were represented by David Stern who also were not in court or even if the plaintiff agreed. The majority of the the homeowners who showed up in court were not represented by counsel. They were in the majority latin, non-english speakers, next were black and bringing up the rear were unemployed, disabled  white people. I did complain to the administrative judge especially as I was there mainly to clear up a clerical error that no one seemed able to resolve.

Is this really the vision for America, an army of unemployed homeless masses? The sheer volume is staggering.
Quote 0 0
arkygirl
Was the judge an old fossil who looked well past retirement age? If so, you may have gotten one of those old retired judges that were pulled out of retirement to man the bench in the Florida "Rocket Docket".

They were placed back on the bench with a mandate to clear the backlog of foreclosures. They were given clear goals as to how many cases must be cleared. It is a kangaroo court. They are making big bucks for this travesty. (Thank your Florida legislature for dreaming up that "Rocket Docket" nightmare. Shame on them!)

If they are to learn about the moratorium someone may have to come yell it in their ears for them to hear it. They are just there to rubber stamp foreclosures to clear the dockets. They are as big a rubber stamping foreclosure mill as Stern.

Contact your Attorney General and tell them what you saw and heard. Maybe the AG can tell them clearly enough.

Quote 0 0
anon

I am going into the AG's office with my paper work tomorrow. I am not sure what the goal is of throwing thousands on the street.

Quote 0 0
anon
This guy was a relic. Absolutely. Once I started muttering from the back row he started to permit delays based on the moratorium. But barely. He could not even remember the order of letters in GMAC often confusing it as GAMC. I was just trying to clear up a clerical error. There were some very upset ex-homeowners who left the courtroom. The numbers of people there were staggering. Even more staggering was the number of people who did not show.

Quote 0 0
Sara
What a shame!!!  But the war will continue...

S
Quote 0 0
A peek inside the Rocket Docket Court. Watch how the Motion to Compel is necessary if the Plaintiff refuses to provide documents. Watch the attorneys argued the concept that it's the burden of the bank to prove that Homeowner owes money. Very interesting.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/38989293/Rocket-Docket-Transcript-1

Quote 0 0
anon

at one point I was asked how Countrywide applied the payments. It goes on.

Quote 0 0
anon

just wanted to get the word out if anyone thought they were saved by the moratorium to check their dockets.

Quote 0 0

In Florida, there is no moratorium to stop Foreclosure. I heard that the Banks's attorneys cancelled Summary Judgment hearings and sales auction for selected cases only . How they selected these cases is a mystery. They still file new Foreclosure lawsuits but these lawsuits must be verified to prove that the Plaintiff is the owner of the Notes before they can initiate the lawsuit per Florida Supreme Court order in February 2010. Do they really follow the rules ? Your guess is mine.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...