Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Paul Kiel of propublica.org announced a matchmaker program. Disgruntled homeowners can add their info and it will be matched with that of reporters in their local area:

http://www.propublica.org/ion/loan-mods/item/loan-mod-matchmaking-reporting-map/

Quote 0 0
Sara
Well, this is the first I have heard of this story...no wonder only 800 homeowners have shared their stories since last May!

S
Quote 0 0
This is a brand new site - only been up 2-3 weeks at the most.

Homeowners have been getting together to broadcast their stories to the media and the TV networks.

Quote 0 0
The Equitable One
A pity there isn't a similar program in re unlawful foreclosures.

I've spoken with several members of the press in my area and have had no success in getting what I consider to be accurate information out to the public.

One really angered me by suggesting that I do the research for him (in regard to the fabricated assignments and allonges) at which point he MIGHT give it a read.

Quote 0 0
I am a homeowner with an unlawful foreclosure. There are many of us. I am sure we are not alone on this matchmaker site.

The matchmaker program is only a few days old so I would give it time. I believe they already have 100+ reporters signed up already and I think that as soon as more find out about it, they will join with leaps and bounds.

We all have individual cases but the media can unite "the masses" and hopefuly be more powerful in bringing change than we can individually.

Quote 0 0
Margaret

Thanks for the link, I will sign up tomorrow. I would be happy to share my story & their lack of willingness to help.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...