Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

U.S. Probes Foreclosure-Data Provider 

Lender Processing Services Unit Draws Inquiry Over the Steps That Led to Faulty Bank Paperwork

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303450704575160242758576742.html

Related Documents

Documents processed by LPS that said an entity called "Bogus Assignee" owned the mortgage:

Quote 0 0
The Equitable One
I am pleased that one of the most active document fabrication mills is receiving some attention, press coverage, and scrutiny. It appears, however, that most are stopping short of deeper truths and harder hitting journalism. I know Efrati has been following Fidelity/LPS for a couple of years and am surprised at his relatively soft touch in this story. This quote in particular I find rather soft:

"Ms. Kersch said LPS didn't actually create the document and that the company's 'sole connection to this case is that our technology and services were utilized by J.P. Morgan Chase and its counsel.'"

The efforts of Fidelity/LPS to put distance between themselves and the crimes, as reflected in the above statement, is rather obvious. It falls in line with LPS February 23, 2010 Form 10K filing with the SEC that also tried to "get in front of," and minimize, the public and judicial awareness of its standard operating procedures.  That SOP is the bald fabrication of whatever documents are necessary to expedite foreclosures in judicial proceedings.

In some instances Fidleity/LPS, or its recent subsidiary Docx, doesn't actually create the document. So there is the tiniest nugget of truth in the statement above quoted from Ms. Kersch. The bald fabrication of documents that attempt to memorialize transactions that never actually occurred is often done by plaintiff's counsel. It is my opinion that this happens at the behest, or direction, of Fidelity/LPS. That is what happened in my case as the assignment of mortgage was created out of thin air by opposing counsel. The document was, however, executed and notarized in Fidelity's Minnesota office. It seems that Fidelity/LPS can't create very much distance at all as its foot prints are all over that assignment.

The assignment in my case was created in advance of the spin off of Lender Processing Services from Fidelity in 2008.

I am hopeful more of this will be revealed in further articles. I am also hopeful prosecutors will continue digging until they find the bottom.

Quote 0 0
I wish I would of known of this a year ago, maybe I could of got a jump on this, and got the ball rolling back then. Our Home was sold out from underneath me and my wife last month. We just saw a segment, on this, on "Sixty Minutes" Sunday April 03. If you can  help us w/ any more up to date information; Please, send it our way. Thanks
Quote 0 0
Sandy
I understood from the 60Minutes report that the banks would not comment, except to say they outsourced the work and had nothing to do with DocX/LPS. Now someone here is saying, LPS is saying it had nothing to do with how the bank used LPS resources. Sounds like a plan between them.

I wonder what will happen to the employees who admitted forging documents. The 60Minutes Overtime interview said the male "Linda Green" (sorry, forgot his name) told of the stacks of documents that surrounded the forgers, and he said to the others in the room, "We're going to end up on 60Minutes." That tells me they all knew it was wrong to forge those documents, despite saying that they did it because their bosses said it was okay, nothing illegal. Most people with more than a fourth-grade education knows it's illegal to sign someone else's name. How did they ignore that when they signed thousands of documents, day after day?

Families were thrown to the street because of those forgers, and many more will be. I am glad they chose to tell the truth on camera, but I am disgusted that they knowingly forged those documents and helped bring misery to thousands of families.

Quote 0 0
William A. Roper, Jr.
Quote:
Clinton Reynolds said:
Our Home was sold out from underneath me and my wife last month.

Clinton:

The DOCX scandal broke more than a year ago.  The Wall Street Journal did a very nice piece almost a year to the day before the 60 Minutes story.

But the mainstream news media didn't properly follow up and the Justice Department has been more interested in covering up the crimes committed by Barrack Obama's friends than in bringing anyone to justice.

IF you are in a judicial foreclosure state, you may still have a right to move to have the judgment set aside based upon the assignment forgery, IF you move quickly.  But you would really need a sharp lawyer who GETS IT and a good strong expert witness to overturn this judgment.

IF you are in a non-judicial foreclosure state, you may actually be better off waiting out the statutory limitations period on a suit on a note or a non-judicial foreclosure (you will NEED the notice of acceleration) and then bringing a quiet title or treaspass to try title action.

Trying to disturb the non-judicial sale prematurely will only result in the purported mortgage investor conducting a NEW private sale, dotting the "i"s and crossing the "t"s.

GET SOME GOOD LEGAL ADVICE FROM A CAPABLE ATTORNEY SPECIALIZING IN CONSUMER DEBT, FORECLOSURE AND BANKRUPTCY.

BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY DURING THE INTERVENING LIMITATIONS PERIOD IF YOU WANT TO WAIT OUT LIMITATIONS IN A NON-JUDICIAL FORECLOSURE STATE.  YOU MIGHT IMPAIR YOUR CHANCES AT RECOVERING THE PROPERTY IF YOU FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY AND OMIT THE CONTESTED PROPERTY FROM YOUR SCHEDULES!

Quote 0 0
Mr Roper, I know you are not an attorney and giving your opinion.  I have been following your posts and even if I d not fully understand some of them I have learned a lot.

Husband and I filed BK and it was discharged in July 2009.  Foreclosure in non-judicial state.  I had questions for our BK attorney about our house and the paperwork submitted.  I had no clue what I was asking, but I realize now that I was asking the right questions and our attorney just said to us that we cannot afford the home so why bother.  I am ashamed to say that I went along with that.  I have since been researching because I knew that things were not right.

Mr. Roper, it seems just in recent months lots of information regarding all the fraud is coming to light and people who have long been foreclosed on are seeing that they have been robbed by gunpoint with fraud.  Do you see (in your opinion of course) any of us in non-judicial and already discharged in BK having any recourse to fight to get our houses back since more and more of the fraud is coming through?  Even if BK was long discharged.

In 2009 people laughed at the concept of producing the note.  We now know that they can't because they were destroyed.  We have the robo signers and banks getting to do do-overs and we have learned that some of the loans were not put into the trusts on time or even at all.  With all of this mess shouldn't there be some recourse for the old foreclosures?  If this fraud is happening to homeowners now it has happened to homeowners in the past.  In your opinion, of course.  Thanks. 
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...