Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Hi all.

anyone have examples of the kind of words or phrases used in a complaint for mortgage fraud for HOEPA and RESPA.

This about a big chunk of money placed on the loan the day of signing without disclosures or explanations.

I know about TILA and Regulation.  got those.

Just wondering how to phrase the other two.

I'm just looking for an example to look at so I have an idea of how to use my own words and situation to list those violations.

Thanks

Barbie   

Quote 0 0
I think RESPA is the law you use to send a letter to your letter to demand an accounting.  You cite RESPA as the authority under which they gotta respond.

Don't know for sure about HOEPA.  Sounds like a disease. 

Quote 0 0
Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and how does it apply to closing?

The Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) 12 U.S.C. 2601         is another federal consumer protection law enforced by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and designed to help borrowers become informed consumers.

RESPA also prohibits abusive practices by real estate service providers which increased borrower's closing costs. The purchase and or sale of a residential property is a complicated process with many different players each vying for you service dollars.

In order to understand the steps and your rights under RESPA, HUD published the booklet Buying your Home: Settlement Costs to help demystify the process. The booklet is highly recommended reading for first time or in-frequent home buyers looking to fiance the purchase of a home.

Another way RESPA helps consumers is by requiring real estate service providers to make disclosures including a Good Faith Estimate of Settlement Costs, identification of Affiliated Businesses and notices pertaining to Escrow Account Operations, including initial funding and schedule of disbursements.

RESPA also requires use of the HUD-1 Settlement Statement which uniformly presents a complete financial summary of the residential real estate transaction.

After closing, RESPA protections address the acts of companies who collect mortgage payments called servicers and provide certain protections incase the servicing of your loan is sold or transferred to another entity.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...