Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

My husband and I are recent victims of Litton's incompetence as a mortgage servicer.  We have fallen victim of the Sacramento Ca. home value nightmare.  Home values have plummeted 70-80 thousand dollars in the last year.  We are now upside down on our loan and because of the home values we are unable to refinance our loan and have an $800.00 mo payment increase in 1yr.  I do agree with the Litton's employees that have posted comments regarding homeowners that have fell victim of the mortgage industries greed, including Litton.  Greed is the root of what has happen with the Sub-prime industry.  Whether Litton caused the problem or not, it does not serve the interest of any of the parties for them not to work with the homeowner to keep them out of foreclosure.  Lets face it, when they purchase or service these loans; they select the loans that have high interest rates and profiles that will make them a profit.  My husband and I took a proactive approach to try to save our home from foreclosure by contacting Litton before our mortgage was behind.  We have never been late with our mortgage payment to Litton and wanted to have our loan modified to a fixed rate that was reasonable.  We sent all of the necessary documentation for consideration in Sept. 07.  After multiple phone calls and dealing with Litton employees that were rude and totally indifferent, I finally spoke with someone on Oct. 26th that says they only approved the modification to freeze the interest increases for 2yrs at the current rate.  We still have and interest only ARM and our payments are still so high that we won't be able to pay anything on the Principle.  They also informed us that it may take up to 60 more days before we receive the paperwork and they couldn't tell me the effective date of the modification, only that we will have to pay a fee for a very poor modification (which will have to be paid with a money order.  The modification they are proposing will cost us more money we don't have, only delays the inevitable as the market will not recover in the 2yr, the 80,000 we've lost in equity.  Litton is just one of many mortgage companies, as well as home builders responsible for what is happening in the market right now.  I am writing letters to oversight committees, consumer advocate groups and Legislators, requesting that they regulate the type of mortgage products these lenders/brokers are pushing solely for the purpose of making quick money, ignoring the risk.  We live in a society that makes us all responsible for what happens, directly or indirectly.  For those Litton employees that want to take the position of "it's not my problem", I pray that you and your family never fall victim of needing help from companies with employees like you!   

Quote 0 0

Mortgage lenders catching heat all around

Published: 23, 2007 at 7:38 PM

Font size:
WASHINGTON, Oct. 23 (UPI) -- The U.S. mortgage lending industry has come under fire from credit counselors, regulators and lawmakers, all seeking to help at-risk borrowers.

These entities want the industry to move faster by forgiving past-due amounts, lowering rates and shifting people into fixed-rate loans, USA Today reported Tuesday.

U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson Jr., Federal Reserve officials and economists say a housing recession threatens the overall economy, the newspaper reported. A plunge in home building and prices can spill over into consumer spending, which affects unemployment, which worries financial markets.

Sheila Bair, chair of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., said she is frustrated by the pace of loan restructuring.

"Washington needs to push hard on this," Bair said. "Our message is, 'Prioritize these folks, if they can convert' (to fixed-rate loans). That will free up more time to deal with some of the more challenging cases."

Larry Litton Jr., head of Litton Loan Servicing in Houston, said his company is modifying more loans than ever, yet the foreclosure volume increases.

The housing crisis, Litton said, "is bigger than what people had originally thought. You're probably looking at a peak in these defaults in the third or fourth quarter of 2008."

© Copyright United Press International. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be reproduced, redistributed, or manipulated in any form.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...