Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Way To Go
Another "where did the payment go" story:

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=69052

(There is video of the story at the above link)

New Port Richey, Florida -- Nadine Knowles is standing on the steps of the West Pasco Court House saying her house is scheduled for public sale right here on Thursday morning.

Knowles can't understand how she is losing her home despite making mortgage payments of $812.90 to Litton Mortgage every month. Knowles' certified bank statement shows the checks were cashed, but the company says she defaulted.

"It just doesn't add up," Knowles says.

Knowles believes her problems started after her initial mortgage on the house was sold to another mortgage company. The new company started an escrow account for her taxes and insurance, even though Knowles has proof she has already bought and paid for insurance and paid the taxes.

"There's numerous letters back and forth with me, and the mortgage service never got anywhere," Knowles explains.

But it did no good when Knowles came to Pasco Court and showed the judge she had proof that she had made her payments and it had been deducted from her account. The judge issued an order that her home be sold on the courthouse steps.

"I can't believe when you bring proof into the courtroom, that your house can be and still be taken away," she says.

The mortgage company's attorney told Judge Lowell Bray that the company had not received payments or attempted payments, which appear to be a lie. That's because since last February, the mortgage returned Knowles' checks and sent letters saying the amount is not enough.

Even Knowles admits she would find this story hard to believe if it was someone else.

"I would say, 'She didn't make make a payment somewhere, something's messed up,'" Knowles admits. But then she adds, "I made payments, I paid my insurance, I paid my taxes. And I'm losing my home."

Mike Deeson, Tampa Bay's 10 News
Quote 0 0
Spread the word

Everyone should go to the botom of the story and post a comment.  Stations DO read the comments about their stories.  The more comments the better.  Maybe they will do a follow -up and include your very own servicer.

Quote 0 0
Stephen

This is exactly what happened to me!!  To the letter, except that I never got the opportunity to show my proof.

Quote 0 0
April
Spread the word wrote:

Everyone should go to the botom of the story and post a comment.  Stations DO read the comments about their stories.  The more comments the better.  Maybe they will do a follow -up and include your very own servicer.

Done.
Quote 0 0
~beenawhile
I can't get tot eh website to post. EMC, had me blocked from posting on the website, because they didn't like the info i was giving to people under the EMC thread.

When you go can you please post a link to this forum?

Thanks, I'd do it but I've been permanently blocked from posting at topix.
Quote 0 0
Another TERRORISTS story of LARRY LITTON AND LARRY LITTON JR!  Where are the regulators? Where are the FED? Bring in HOMELAND SECURITY we need them to protect us in our homes!

Quote 0 0

this is par for the Litton course, their rules are somewhat different from everyone elses. they sold my home in the same manner.our Florida government needs to help us Litton is going away with grand larceny and using our local courts that aren't sure of the law's so they go with the corporate side thing they most be right their in the business or them just go along with it seeing a contribution for Litton for their next campaign. they have been doing this for almost 20yrs. now and we can't get any help. our courts and government has failed us miserably. we need someone to step up and help us Litton isn't interested in our homes only the money from the sale on the court house steps. if you know someone that can buy our home at the sale go do it they'll (meaning Litton) will stop at what is owed so they can resale it at a high profit. but you can get it back if you know someone that will bid against them they will not go much higher than what is owed so you have a chance to beat them at their own game good luck to all that have or is being or will be screwed by Litton Loan Servicing. they are from the bottom of the barrel an don't care what it does to us.

Quote 0 0
4 justice now
All,

I just checked that site and noticed that many of the fine people from here, and elsewhere have posted comments there... Thanks to all! It's good to let other victims know that they are not alone.

As usual there was at least one of servicer's trolls posting their propaganda.

R,

4J  
Quote 0 0
what's not to believe
come on people  .

WHAT WE NEED IS A MASS MOVEMENT

we need a large group of people to come together and revolt .  does any body know how to take down litton  ?   you get  10,000  /  100,000 or so together and don't pay the mortgage payments .  this will bank roll them and shut them down .

if you don't come together , this will happen to you next .  so who's next on the hit list   ?   we can not trust our friendly gov't bodies to protect us  , their all crooked ..........
Quote 0 0
srsd

EEEK!!...I don`t know about the not paying but I have thought if everyone sent an e-mail on the same day to the right government officials....it might make a difference. One complaint every once in a while just doesn`t get their attention but 1000`s in one day sure would.  I don`t think it would be wise for anyone to withhold a payment.  That would just give the companies more ammo and could cause people to be in jeopardy of loosing their homes.

Quote 0 0

No such thing as a boycott would work. The only way to kill a servicer is for everyone to refinance away almost all at once.

Quote 0 0
srsd

that`s true * but there are so many that can`t refinance away from these companies....I know-- I tried before we were foreclosed on.....It took me, an attorney, someone I know that works with another company, a letter to the AG and FTC, 4 months to even get a payoff .

Quote 0 0
I would be happy if they were forced to apply generally acceptable bookkeeping methods to our loans and if foreclosure is started, the borrower deserves a court date and have the chance to present rebuttal information as evidence and be entitled to a far ruling on the subject by a judge.

Of course, fines and penalties to be assessed to the borrower if the foreclouring filing is deemed in appropriate.  Make it hurt or they'll never stop.

Dee
Quote 0 0

Just got off the phone with Mr. Deeson. He can't believe the amount of e-mail he's received about this story and is planning on taking a closer look at the problem.

Quote 0 0

Good Job Mike!

Quote 0 0
victim
to Mike and everyone else  ,

Mike Deeson did a cover story on my loan with ameriquest  , and that is as far as it went .  no follow-up story  , ameriquest bought advertisment spots and contributed to the stations fund  .  this is the response that deeson told us after the story aired , and why , there would not be a follow-up story . so , don't expect deeson to do anymore with this story .

it's very sad how floridans are losing there homes to these corporate scumbags .

I lost my home , and the fraud was so overwhelming .  I have the letter from ameriquest that shows my credit denial for a loan with them .

explain this one to me .
Quote 0 0
Moose

victim wrote:
to Mike and everyone else  ,

Mike Deeson did a cover story on my loan with ameriquest  , and that is as far as it went .  no follow-up story  , ameriquest bought advertisment spots and contributed to the stations fund  .  this is the response that deeson told us after the story aired , and why , there would not be a follow-up story . so , don't expect deeson to do anymore with this story .

it's very sad how floridans are losing there homes to these corporate scumbags .

I lost my home , and the fraud was so overwhelming .  I have the letter from ameriquest that shows my credit denial for a loan with them .

explain this one to me .

First, Litton has a PR budget but they're not going to be advertising on local television any time soon.

Second, having a credit denial letter from a predatory lender like Ameriquest is often simply a scheme on their part to convince you they're going to do you a favor soon after by making you a loan anyway.  It's a contrivance that helps jack up the interest rate.

Someone should point out to Mr. Deeson that there is a very knowledgeable attorney in Florida - April Charney, at Jacksonville Legal Aid, who knows as much about these issues as almost anyone.

Moose

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...