Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Stephen

Litton Loan Servicing Class Action

On October 26, 2005, customers of Litton Loan Servicing, LP ("Litton") filed a class action complaint charging the company with violations of federal and state law. The named Plaintiffs filed the class action lawsuit on behalf of a Nationwide Class and a California Subclass of Litton customers. The Nationwide Class alleged claims based on violations of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act ("RESPA") relating to Litton's improper actions in imposing late fees or treating payments as late during the 60-day grace period following the effective date of loan transfer if a borrower sends a payment to his or her old servicer on time. The California Subclass alleged claims based on violations of California law relating to Litton's unfair business acts and practices with respect to the servicing of loans.
The case is currently pending before Judge Margaret M. Morrow of the United States District Court for the Central District of California in Los Angeles, California. Lieff, Cabraser, Heimann & Bernstein, LLP and co-counsel represent Plaintiffs and the Nationwide Class.
Nationwide Class Certified
On July 30, 2007, Judge Morrow issued a 56-page order granting Plaintiffs' Motion for Certification of a Nationwide RESPA Class. Click here to read a copy of the Court's Order. (Note: the Order is not a determination of the merits of case.) The Nationwide Class is defined as:
All persons (i) who presently own, or during the Class Period owned, property (including mobile homes) in the United States, (ii) who entered into a mortgage loan transaction which was then transferred or sold to Litton or for which the servicing rights were acquired by Litton Loan Servicing, LP or its predecessors, directly or indirectly, at any time between October 26, 2002, and the present, and (iii) who made timely payments to the transferor servicer and were charged late fees related to that payment within the first sixty (60) days of the loan transfer to Litton.
This was a great achievement for Plaintiffs, resulting from months of hard work and a long string of briefs that were filed. By separate order, the Court denied our motion for certification of a California subclass. What this means is that the only class claims still pending are those involving late fees Litton charged within the first 60 days of loan transfer from the previous servicer where borrowers made payments to the previous servicer that Litton failed to credit.
However, on August 13, 2007, Litton filed a petition with the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, requesting permission to appeal Judge Morrow's order certifying the Nationwide Class. Plaintiffs filed a response with the Court of Appeals on August 27, 2007, opposing Litton's petition. If the Court of Appeals grants Litton's petition, Litton will file an appeal. If the Court of Appeals denies Litton's petition, the Nationwide Class remains in effect.

http://www.lieffcabraser.com/loan-servicing.htm
Quote 0 0
I can talk now.  This is but one Class against Litton Loan, a number of others are pending, and still others will be filed within a year!

This is really a small Class against Litton Loan, others that are pending have more teeth, and I know some to be filed yet will have even greater teeth.  CBASS, parent company to Litton Loan, is also involved.  The recent suit against RADIAN, is only a sample of what I believe is coming to MGIC, Litton Loan, and CBASS!

Meetings in NYC with myself and several plaintiff lawyers have identified a number of actions yet to be filed.

Litton Loan's "Lawyer Referrals" appear to violate Section 8 of HUD.  Exposing the Fraud at CBASS is coming, how they stripped the equity from securities bonds, by having Litton Loan foreclose on thousands of properties.

Oh Look out Larry's, the fun is starting! I can't wait until I'm on the stand and get to testify in my own case!  I Will give up the road map, to your companies corruption and fraud.

Remember when you "Pre paid" for my foreclosure months ahead of time!   Remember when you used your lawyers to steal the money from the sale of my home and forced me to sell it?  I hope so, because I remember every moment!   I'm coming to Houston!!
And yes Im sure you read our "Experts reports" on both the forged Handwriting, and my signature being forged on the mortgage contract and the Payment History from your company being altered!!!

I want my home back Larry, and I want you in Jail!

Quote 0 0
4 justice now
Hello all!

Does anyone out there have an opinion about the law firm of  Lieff Cabraser, especially as it relates to their treatment of Class Plaintiffs?

I'd appreciate any information/comments on the subject.

R,

4J
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...