Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Frank
I read the two page compaint, no exhibits at all.

bank is BAC home loans servicing, LP fna Countrywide Home Loans Servicing.

No copy of mortgage, mod agreement, assignments nothing, I thought they should have done so.

I can file an answer but do you folks have any advise how to reply with such proof by the bank.

Any info on the Plaintiff.

Thank you
Quote 0 0
   I would start by looking at all the closing documents, especially the Hud addendum to the loan
application. Look in box 15 to see who the original lender was. Look in box 16 to see who the sponsor/
agent was (normally the first servicer). Next I would compare the lender named in box 15, with the
lender named on the Note & Mortgage. Very often, they are not the same. If this is the case, it means
the lien was never perfected in the name of the true lender and no mortgage exists.
   Very often, the lender in box 15 had a license to make mortgage loans in your State, whereas the
entity in box 16 did not have a license but is listed as the lender on the note & mortgage. This was
done in "table funded" loans and often involved Countrywide Home Loans Inc.
   For example, in Florida, Countrywide lost its license in 2002. To get around this problem, it would
use some third party correspondent lender which was licensed, to fund the loan. Then it would have
the correspondent lender endorse the Note to Countrywide Home Loans, Inc. Doing it this way would
be lawful, but often, they did not obey the law, and just put the note and mortgage directly in the
name of Countrywide Home Loans Inc. which would then endorse it over to Countrywide Home Loan
Servicing LP, which later became BAC and then Bank of America.
   If this is the case, you start out with a Motion to Dismiss based on "no perfection of the lien" in
the name of the "true licensed lender". You attach a copy of the HUD addendum and copies of the
licensing status of the two entities involved in the "table funding" of your loan.
Quote 0 0
Does anyone have any info on this topic
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...