Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
James
I read my note and I am not sure what to make of it. Do all notes refer to itself as "this security instrument?" I thought the mortgage was the security instrument.

My note says it is a uniform promissory note and may vary in jurisdictions, and it provides a waiver for presentment and notice of dishonor. It also gives conditions prohibiting transfer of title without permission from the lender, etc. I thought a note was supposed to be unconditional and refer to the mortgage for the "conditions" to maintain negotiability.

I have no idea what presentment and notice of dishonor is, but it doesn't seem to fit the usual language of a note for buying a house. Could this be the note used for investors after the loan is indorsed in blank instead of the uniform note for a borrower? Maybe I signed the wrong type of note.

Quote 0 0
FnDoomed
Nothing wrong with waiving presentment and dishonor, most everybody's note will look like that.   Probably not worth worrying about the rest of the language but if you want to post it maybe I can compare.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...