Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
I purchased my home in 2000. It has changed hands on numerous occasions. Once or twice by corporate takeover and 3 times on a refinance. 2007 was my last refinance and I signed an loan that became adjustable after five years. I asked my lender, US Bank, whether they have the original note and they showed me the adjustable note of 2007 and said this is the original note. Is the latest note the original note? What happened to the first one? (from 2000)
Quote 0 0
When you say it changed hands you most likely are referring to a change of servicers.  If you were told to send your payments to a different company, then that means they sold the servicing rights to your loan.

Each time you re-finance the old not is paid off and the new note rules.  Your 2000 note was paid off when you first re-financed and is no longer in effect and the terms no longer have any meaning or effect on your 2007 note.

Hope this helps.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...