Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
I called Citi today to follow up on a Qualified Written Request (QWR) I sent them before Thanksgiving and had a very heated and odd conversation with the of the senior managers of Customer Service. 

They were refusing to honor my QWR because my authorization did not meet their "standards".  When I told them, it meets with HUD guidelines, the response was, "We will only honor QWR authorizations that will indemnify us from any prosecution or civil action for any fraud or misrepresentation that may have accured in the origination of this loan." 

I ended up going round and round with her for 30 minutes about how that is illegal. 

I finally got them to release the file because I told her I was going to a political fundraiser for Barney Frank after Christmas. 
Quote 0 0
That's funny, sad and scary.

"Sure, we'll tell you the truth, but only if you promise not to hold us accountable for it."
Quote 0 0
"We will only honor QWR authorizations that will indemnify us from any prosecution or civil action for any fraud or misrepresentation that may have accured in the origination of this loan." 

These people are nuts.

Ask if she'd please notify you of their decision in writing.

They don't get to decide whether they are going to respond to your QWR
based on those reasons.

Perhaps if the letter itself was faulty and does not rise to the standard
of the sample letter posted on the HUD site.  Maybe.

It is not an appropriate response to your letter. 

You could send them a second letter marked 2nd request along with a copy
of letter #1. 

Please reply by mail within the specified time limits set forth by HUD

They must have something to hide making a stupid demand like that.

Dee
Quote 0 0
This is a good example of why such conversations need to be recorded, assuming doing so is legal in your state.  If recording is legal, I'd try to get the same person back on the phone for an encore performance.  Then find a consumer lawyer.

http://www.naca.net

Quote 0 0
This doesn't surprise me at all. That's like them trying to get me to send my modification money before I saw their modification offer. They know how much crap their trying to make everyone take. The GOVERNMENT so far is BACKING THEM UP! The Truth is I believe as a lot of people do is WE'RE HAD...HAVE BEEN HAD!!!

But the new house is coming along great! Finally, got it all decorated for my little one's they had such a ball. Their at that young innocent stage. GOD WE HAVE TO LOVE THEM!

Also, B of A announced a 35,000 employee layoff. How is it these companies will even be able to operate efficiently? As if they were before? Crazy! They can't even figure out how to do business anymore. It's PATHETIC...I'm ashamed of ever working in the banking business anymore.

God Bless,
Quote 0 0
Citifinancial has been after my house since 1999!! Yes, that how long I've been fighting to save my home. After a series of Chpt 13 bankruptcies I was able to refinance with Ameriquest who went under and was bought out by Citifinancial... and the wheels on the bus go round and round.

My advice to you is BEWARE.
Your house my already be gone.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...