Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Margaret
Hi Everyone,

Quick question for all of you. Previously my insurance & yearly property tax was paid by the mortgage servicer.

Now that I am in foreclosure & my homeowners/flood insurance is about to expire & hurricane season coming, I was wondering if I should be insuring the home, or just the contents of the home? Any advice?

Thanks!
Quote 0 0
M:

Your servicer will still likely pay the ins prem even though you are in foreclosure.  However if this policy is still in effect and covers pers property and a claim were to occur the payee of the claim would be yourself and the mtg holder.  Since you are in arrears they would not endorse the check over until the arrears were satisfied. 

So in order to properly cover your personal effects you should consider taking out a policy just for your pers property, kind of like a renters policy almost.  You may have to shop in order to find what you are looking for since you do own the property and may already have coverage.  Could be dicey. 
Quote 0 0
margaret,

Email the servicer and tell them that according to "Their" Pooling and Servicing Agreement they have to pay your insurances.

I did that with Litton and they paid it overnight express, just as my insurance was to elapse.
Quote 0 0
Margaret

Thanks for the replies!!

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...