Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
srsd

How long can a mortgage company hold a check that is made out to you and them from your own insurance company?  We got our check for a new roof in May and sent it to Ameriquest.  They sent it back for us to sign. We signed and sent it back.  They sent more papers for us to complete which we did. We have already had the roof put on the house and they still haven`t sent anyone out to check the repairs and we haven`t got one penny from them toward the repairs. This is 2 times we have had this problem.  We have to do the repairs before they send anything.  Our roof was completely finished last Friday. We didn`t get any money to even start the repairs with.

Quote 0 0
Call the Insurance Commisioner's to find out what your state's laws are.

Put Ameriquest on Notice, the roof is done, I want my money.  I have paid
the roof contractor's bill in full.

You are holding a check made payable to both of us.

All you hae to do is endorse the check and send it back to me for
deposit in my checking account.

There appears no legal reason for you to withhold this check.  I'll be
expecting you to send me the check within the next two weeks.

or something like that.

Insurance Commissioners can be quite helpful. 

I hope they are helpful in your state.

Dee

Dee

Quote 0 0
srsd

Thanks Dee....I will definitely give it a try. We faxed them a paper from the contractor showing it has been paid. I wonder if anybody else has had to deal with a problem like this.

Quote 0 0
Joe B

You may want to call your insurance company to see if the check has already been processed/cashed. I suspect it has, and your mortgage company is sitting on the money. This would be inappropriate.

Get the facts as far as when it was presented for payment, etc. from the insurance company, and ask if they can forward you a copy of the canceled check...

Write to your mortgage company with the details of the repair, including the date you sent them the check for signature, asking when you can expect the check to complete the insurance claim.

THEN call your state's insurance commissioner to see what can/should be done.

Keep copies of all correspondence, and detailed notes from your phone calls to the insurance commission. I suspect you may get some garbage answers on why it hasn't been sent; it needs to be inspected, verified, etc. However, you need to force them to comply!

Good luck!
Quote 0 0
They've got it dead on SR.... Two calls to make today...Your ins. company first to let them know what's going on and to see if the check has cleared yet. THEN your ins commission to let them know what's happening. At this point, since Ameriquest is "officially" out of business, I wouldn't even give them a heads up that this was coming. But I'm a little tired of the BS that surrounds this industry. Ameriquest and everyone else holding insurance checks, the kickbacks to Fairbanks/SPS through Pelatis alleged by Ellington for force placed insurance, most of which, if I'm not mistaken is underwritten by Countrywide owned Balboa Insurance. I wonder where that $12 Billion worth of new money is going for them...Are they still laying off 10,000 employees? No wonder the employees are suing Countrywide...Way to go Angie Mo....Mortgage/banking buying off candidates with PAC money...

God... I better go back and crawl over the other side of the bed... It's going to be one of those days. I can tell already....
Quote 0 0

Ameriquest used one of the safeco insurance check to make a mortgage payment for me in July 2005. I don't know how they did that, I have the check still, I guess they reissued it to themself?

Be careful SRSD and keep good records!

Did you make a copy of the check before you sent it to them? I made copies of all the checks I was sent, From Safeco, HSBC and Ameriquest. Then they marked my credit late for that month.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...