Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

I just logged on today and have been following the Ohio case with great interest.  The last few comments regarding "irregularities" with the original note has caught my eye. I'd filed bankruptcy to stop the foreclosure, but since the filing - I have gone through my paperwork with a fine tooth comb and found plenty that is not right.  I do not have all copies, those that I do have - my signature do not match those durig closing and the copies mailed back after closing; plus there are missing "essential" documents (i.e., proof of residency).  Have I screwed up by filing bankruptcy, but should have sued instead?  I really needed to stop these people fairly quickly and Chpt 13 was the quickest strategic move.

Quote 0 0
Moose
As usual - this isn't legal advice but a lot of people file for Chapter 13 to forestall a foreclosure.

You'll want to talk to your attorney about filing suit. While in bankruptcy the Trustee has a hand in everything you do that could affect your finances and surely a challenge to the validity of the loan fits that description.

But I'll be willing to bet your BK attorney isn't qualified, let alone interested in pursuing a mortgage suit.

Moose

Quote 0 0
Maryland
Thanks for the feedback Moose - you just about hit a home run regarding professional involvement.  But I'm not discouraged, received a handful of viable resources earlier.

Maryland
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...