Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
FnDoomed
I was looking for the post from the author that wanted help with marketing her book, and reply there but I can't find it.

I'm writing a book - actually just a PDF - as well. It's going to be simple common sense things aimed at educating people. Give them some resources to look at. Some cases. Web site links. Pointers to various high quality treatises in this and other forums. Instructions on using google scholar. I intend it to be a living document and intend to invite anybody who wishes to make contributions or corrections.

Oh yeah - its also going to be 100% free.
Quote 0 0
While it's great to try to help people and share opinion, thoughts, views, ect.. in a public forum, actually drafting a book has many pitfalls. Just to name a few:

The biggest is UPL. It would be very difficult to write something effective that couldn't be construed as legal advice.

The second would be the your personal liability. When someone relies on your information and loses their home can they sue you?

Another one is how effective is it going to be when each jurisdiction has different case law and nuances? It would have to be a pretty big book.

If you have information you think should be shared with the world there are easier ways such as posting here or post documents on Scribd, both of which will be returned on a google search.

Just a few thoughts.
Quote 0 0
This is a great idea. I want to do something to help homeowners in N.J. and because I'm only a novice shade tree apprentice in the world of foreclosures, your idea is good. A website deicated to helping homeowners in each state on how to fight and file motions,etc.. I know there are websites that have good info on these, but are not specific to each state. Wouldn't this just turn the stomachs of these fraudsters and judges . I'm sorry, they don't have a stomach to Due process and the Rule of Law. It goes straight from their mouth to their a**hole.
These websites add a DISCLAIMER that may have protection.
Here's an attachment that homeowners show read and use.

Quote 0 0
As I said, I'm a novice.
Must "READ ALL THE COMMENTS."
FOIA - No assignments from FDIC.

http://livinglies.wordpress.com/2010/03/17/freedom-of-information-act-requests-show-onewest-bank-misrepresentations
Quote 0 0
Correct link :
http://livinglies.wordpress.com/2012/03/17/freedom-of-information-act-requests-show-onewst-bank-misrepresentation
Quote 0 0
Last try.
http://livinglies.wordpress.com/2010/03/17/freedom-of-information-act-requests-show-onewest-bank-misrepresentation/
Quote 0 0
Eugene Villarreal wrote:
This is a great idea. I want to do something to help homeowners in N.J. and because I'm only a novice shade tree apprentice in the world of foreclosures, your idea is good. A website deicated to helping homeowners in each state on how to fight and file motions,etc.. I know there are websites that have good info on these, but are not specific to each state. Wouldn't this just turn the stomachs of these fraudsters and judges . I'm sorry, they don't have a stomach to Due process and the Rule of Law. It goes straight from their mouth to their a**hole.
These websites add a DISCLAIMER that may have protection.
Here's an attachment that homeowners show read and use.

What you are describing is UPL that is why they are not specific to each state and just give general information not specific motions and filings. Specific motions, filings, arguments are available at your local courthouse. Just start reading the cases. You can simply find a case that a defendant prevailed at SJ or on appeal then start lifting cases and arguments. This is most likely the most effective start for a pro se litigant.
Quote 0 0
On a different note, if you are trying to apply the information provided by living lies to defend your home it is a good idea to also be looking for a place to rent. This site is full of arguments and theories that are NOT supported by any case law. This site is designed to draw in homeowners then have them buy "audit" services and "research" services. It has been discussed in many different threads.
Quote 0 0
Most pro se litigants don't leap frog from a complaint to a (SJ) summary judgment. They need guidance from the start and then prepare for their next step and read cases and articles that are similar to their case as they are moving forward. Knowing how and when to file a motion.
Quote 0 0
FnDoomed
You got it. Cases. Cites. Pointers to great essays. How to use google and google scholar effectively. How to recognize and avoid some of the BS snake oil arguments.

In other words - how to get informed. For free.
Quote 0 0
Lynn
FnDoomed, I think it's a great idea too. Maybe have a specific link for each state so homeowners from the same state can organize and share information that is working in that area. I read last night about how the "I agree" button is used to effectively avoid liability with those who don't use good sense in applying what is found on the Internet. Good grief, medical advice is all over the Internet, but I don't hear that people are sued for unlicensed practice of medicine because they post something on a forum. Anyone can sue anyone, but successful recovery is another matter.

I have been fighting for years and I am weary from digging through matters that don't apply to my state, and I have often thought of organizing something state specific so homeowners could contribute for and retrieve from their own state. We are MANY--why have we not organized better as a group! No one needs to use their real name or specific information about their case, but posting articles, white papers, recent decisions, etc. relevant by state would be very helpful. Instruction about how to search Google Scholar and other resources would be helpful to new homeowners in foreclosure. For sure, this is not going to go away for a while.

Most people can decide all by themselves whether someone is selling snake oil, and even whether they want to buy it. Anyone motivated enough to search forums like this are adults. They might be half crazy from stress, like most of us, but they can think for themselves. They can eat the hay and spit out the sticks, all by themselves!

I say go for it!
Quote 0 0
Lynn wrote:
FnDoomed, I think it's a great idea too. Maybe have a specific link for each state so homeowners from the same state can organize and share information that is working in that area. I read last night about how the "I agree" button is used to effectively avoid liability with those who don't use good sense in applying what is found on the Internet. Good grief, medical advice is all over the Internet, but I don't hear that people are sued for unlicensed practice of medicine because they post something on a forum. Anyone can sue anyone, but successful recovery is another matter.

I have been fighting for years and I am weary from digging through matters that don't apply to my state, and I have often thought of organizing something state specific so homeowners could contribute for and retrieve from their own state. We are MANY--why have we not organized better as a group! No one needs to use their real name or specific information about their case, but posting articles, white papers, recent decisions, etc. relevant by state would be very helpful. Instruction about how to search Google Scholar and other resources would be helpful to new homeowners in foreclosure. For sure, this is not going to go away for a while.

Most people can decide all by themselves whether someone is selling snake oil, and even whether they want to buy it. Anyone motivated enough to search forums like this are adults. They might be half crazy from stress, like most of us, but they can think for themselves. They can eat the hay and spit out the sticks, all by themselves!

I say go for it!

While I still am not on board with a book because of all the problems (the road to hell is paved with good intentions) I think it is a necessity to be in contact with other litigants for help if you are Pro Se. I don't think it is a "necessity" that you be in the same state. Lack of personal knowledge is the same in every state. I often take arguments from NY, FL, KS, ect... and research them in my jurisdiction. You just need to find cases that apply. You will be surprised how much you will find. The same goes with negotiations, notices, defaults, ect... If you can find the correct argument, you should be able to find cases the will support it. We are talking about HUNDREDS of years of law.

The real problem comes with the "snake oil". These arguments sound reasonable and logical. You will NOT find any cases that support these assertions. They are very easy to weed out.
Quote 0 0
Stephen
Yeah, I wrote a book too. Noone cares.
Quote 0 0
my book is a collection of horror stories and families and the trauma that this crisis has caused.
email me and i can give you direction to go in as far as free publication location-the ones you mentioned are hard for the novice person to figure out.
Quote 0 0
sally45
Very glad to meet everybody here,I am just a new member of this forum,I want to make more friends here,I hope you can like me.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...