Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
My nephew in law (USMC Sgt. Mark Vierig) is back from his third tour of Afghanistan. They wish to sell their home "FOR SALE BY OWNER."

I need as much help, suggestions, tips, do's, don'ts on selling a home (Jacksonville NC) FOR SALE BY OWNER.

Sincere thanks,
Ed Cage
ecagetx@gmail.com
972-861-9580 <==TOLL FREE
Quote 0 0
Cindy
He might want to check out this service (I am in no way connected with it, except to know what it does).

http://www.listwithfreedom.com/

Here the home will be part of the MLS without the high Realtor commission. It allows the flexibility for setting his own fee to get an agent showing it for him. He might want to pay more than a co-broker commission (usually a 50/50 split of 3% each). If the owner pays 3.5 or 4 percent, then most Realtors will likely show his house before they show others. OR sometimes it an owner can offer a bonus for selling by a certain date. Some who are blessed enough to have a little equity offer bonuses, such as a free trip to Disneyworld for the whole family if a buyer closes by a certain date. Some states might prohibit this type of incentive, so be sure to check with the Board of Realtors.

That said, I know someone who has been looking for a home in the Jacksonville area. They have excellent credit and VA eligibility. He might want to send his info to them, particularly if the loan is assumable with VA. Here's an email address: oclnt@gmx.com. Who knows, it might be a perfect match.

Quote 0 0
Bill

Ed Cage wrote:
My nephew in law (USMC Sgt. Mark Vierig) is back from his third tour of Afghanistan. They wish to sell their home "FOR SALE BY OWNER."

I need as much help, suggestions, tips, do's, don'ts on selling a home (Jacksonville NC) FOR SALE BY OWNER.

Sincere thanks,
Ed Cage
ecagetx@gmail.com
972-861-9580 <==TOLL FREE

Ed,

I'm glad you nephew made it back safe.  If you research selling a home I think your going to find that trying to sell your home by yourself is usually the least efficient way to sell a house.  It's a lot of work to show the house and does take a certain skill set.  It is very difficult to get "the word out" and expose your home to all the potential buyers.  I personally feel if you have it paid off and are in no rush to sell the home in the next (12-15 months) have at it and save the commission.  If you are paying a mortgage and are moving, you will often SAVE money by selling it more quickly and not having to make mortgage payments. 

Maybe your nephew could look into a discount broker.  They will list and advertise your home at a discounted rate (far less than a full service agent) but will not show the home.

My brother in law "flips" houses.  We have tried just about every way possible to list and sell these homes from for sale by owner to a full service agent.  In the end, we found a small real estate agent (he worked out of his home) who listed the houses at a rate between the big guys and the discount agents. 

I'd also like to mention, IF you nephew lives by a MC base, it would seem to be even more important to list the property with an agent.  While I was in the MC and transferring to a new station, if I wanted to buy a home, the listings on the Internet by the brokers is the first place we were told to look.

Just some thoughts.

Quote 0 0
Bill and Cindy:
Thanks for two superb posts on the subject!

I'm grateful and deeply grateful he made it home safely.
Ed Cage
ecagetx@gmail.com
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...