Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
I have a copy of the HUD-1 Settlement Statement I received from the Loan Servicer  it is not the way that the loan was funded at all.  It is not the one I signed, and it states they made a payment to a creditor that it did not.

Where can I start researching the laws against this, and how to file a proper complaint.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Quote 0 0
Joy,

I can offer what I did.  I read every post on this site.  I went to the Legal Lounge and read every case and looked for similarities.  Read every article.  Familiarize yourself with your state and federal law.  Research, research, research.

If you're in the fight, be prepared to put in the time.

Careful what you post.  Don't make phone calls.  Listen to the advice given by some of the great minds on this site.

Good Luck,

bob
Quote 0 0
H. Gosh

Don 't put any dollars on a fradulent Hud-1 Statement.  It has been decided that a Hud-1 Statement is only a "projected" statement and is not binding, nor is it a federal offense. 

Quote 0 0
Ohio
H. GOSH:

When and by whom was this decided?

The HUD-1 is not an estimate. Was never intended to be an estimate.
Quote 0 0
Hey Ohio,
I got it straight from the office of HUD.
The HUD-1 is just an ESTIMATE.  HUD cannot, (WILL NOT) at this time, (or ANY OTHER TIME in the future) enforce ANYTHING due to the current laws that lack teeth.
Oh here's another fyi...
HUD claims to care, umph, yeah right, and that they are working on trying to change the current laws.
Ok...
Quote 0 0
H. Gosh
There was a long trial here in PA, and there is still an outstanding RICO suit involving fradulent HUD-1 Statements.  One specific HUD-1 was short over $27,000. All defendants walked.  First, since the HUD-1 statement is a "federal" form, the states have no jurisdiction to enforce the document.  Second, HUD refused to prosecute.  If there was a "falsification" of the document, they would have proceeded, but since the people involved didn't "falsify" anything, they simply inserted the amounts paid out, or did not indicate the amounts not paid out, it came down to "lack of due diligence" on the homebuyers part.  Similar to if you go to a supermarket and they overcharge you for an item and you don't catch it - well that's your problem for not being observant. 

So much for "laws to protect the consumer".

Quote 0 0
Ohio
hmmmm....well I must have slept through all of that because this comes as a sickening shock to me!!

Another reason to forego realtors and title companies. Buying a house? Use an attorney...period.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...