Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
I would like to get some ideas in how to request (or maybe demand?) a copy of my
loan application.

Here is the deal:
I want a copy of my loan application (I bought the house 5 years ago), so how do I
proceed to request it, and to whom I will request it?

Can I request it in the law office where I closed (that was the seller's lawyer)

or the broker maybe has it?  I supposed to have one copy of it, but I dont remember if I received one.   My real estate agent?   any thoughts?
I live in a judicial state. 

Quote 0 0
If you are in litigation your lawyer will need to subpoena it from your servicer within the prescribed discovery period set by the court.  If you are not in litigation you will need to send the servicer a QWR (Qualified Written Request) letter and request the original loan documents including the original loan application together with all disclosures.

Servicers should have these documents and have imaged them at the time they boarded your loan.

Helpful links:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/an-overview-of-the-qualified-written-request-qwr-process-with-a-focus-on-borrowers-rights

http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/ramh/res/reslettr.cfm

Hope this helps.

Quote 0 0
Wow, thank you a lot, this is really the site for help people. I really appreciate it

Quote 0 0
But what about if they just told that "the dog ate it"?
Quote 0 0
They may just try that, but if they do challenge them - they have the documents and as the borrower you are clearly entitled to a copy.

Remember, RESPA provides a $1,000.00 fine plus attorney fees if that fail to respond.  Your request is simple and they have nowhere to hide.

Quote 0 0
Perfect.  my sincere thanks  to you
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...