Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Rebecca
I have a friend who is in first-month default on her home. She wants to try to sell her home, but we noticed a peculiar satisfaction of mortgage filed in 2005 by Countrywide. We've heard about all the terrible fraud involved with this lender. She is concerned that a lost note and mortgage from CW will preclude the sale of her home if she finds a buyer and they or their mortgage company requires title insurance.

This is what is recorded from CW, which also lists ReconTrust somehow in this same mortgage page, if that is relevant.

XXXXXX(Homeowner)

to

XXXXXX Mortgage company (This is not Countrywide as referred to below.)

Lost Mortgage Satisfaction

Received satisfaction in full of the mortgage and other instrument as identified above, and Register of Mesne Conveyance is hereby authorized to enter this cancellation on the record.

Countrywide Home Loans/fka Countrywide Funding Corp.

Signed:
La Noyce Taylor

(Notary signed on a line over a name typed in and then a line through it. A stamped name beside the stricken name matches the signature on the line.) Two signatures of witnesses also appear. This was notarized on the west coast but the house is on the east coast.

Personally appeared before me, LaNoyce Taylor, who being duly sworn deposes and says that Countrywide Home Loans, Inc/ fka Countrywide Funding Corporation is the bonafide owner and holder of the within note and mortgage, that the same has not been assigned, hypothecated or otherwise disposed of and that the same has been lost or destroyed and after a diligent search cannot be found. The deponent has full authority to execute and deliver the within Satisfaction of Mortgage.

LaNoyce Taylor (is this a robo-signer)
Assistant Secretary
My friend did not notice this being recorded as a lost note and mortgage until looking now, due to the servicer fraud.

The description of the document says Lost MORTGAGE Satisfaction. This was recorded in 2004 to allow closing for a refinance with a credit union. An attorney handled the title check. It seems to me that if the note and mortgage were lost and CW said it owned both, then if the attorney had told the clients that their note and mortgage were lost, they could have sued for quiet title and had their home free and clear. Is this correct?

Now that we found this, she is very concerned about signing a sales contract with this "Lost MORTGAGE Satisfaction" involved, because the next title company might not insure it, knowing a note is floating around out there.

Should she be concerned, or is she clear to sell? Will a title company likely write coverage for the next lender and buyer? 

Quote 0 0
Moose
To many unknowns to offer any advice other than she should start with the title insurance company that handled the closing on her loan. At least that has no out-of-pocket impact.

Moose

Quote 0 0
I'm prejudiced, but the success of the REST Report calls for this. 4000 successes out of 4000 reports is fairly good, huh? More info at:
http://mortgage-monster.com/sue-your-lender.html

Shopping for an attorney oughtta be fun.

Quote 0 0
Moose
pompapah - you need to stop with the advertising.

Just some advice - this is not a forum for promotions.

Moose

Quote 0 0
There are promotions - and there's stuff that works.
Do your research and you'll see it.
I've been at this for two years and I see it work every single day.

The owner of the REST Report is an advisor to the US Senate and the US House of Rps, and helped write the MARS Rule for the Federal Trade Commission. He just spent the last two weeks advising the Hawaii Legislature on how to fight Fannie Mae in their bid to get around judicail foreclosures there.

A scam this is not

Quote 0 0
Bill

pompapah wrote:
There are promotions - and there's stuff that works.
Do your research and you'll see it.
I've been at this for two years and I see it work every single day.

The owner of the REST Report is an advisor to the US Senate and the US House of Rps, and helped write the MARS Rule for the Federal Trade Commission. He just spent the last two weeks advising the Hawaii Legislature on how to fight Fannie Mae in their bid to get around judicail foreclosures there.

A scam this is not

Who is the owner of the R.E.S.T. Report? 
Quote 0 0
Moose
pompapah wrote:

A scam this is not

See: Review of Suggested Case

Moose

Quote 0 0
OK, you attorney types; I give up.
You got me

I challenge you to find me at http://www.Mortgage-Mod-Monster.com and I'll give you the phone number of the owner of REST software. You argue with him. Question his integrity if you dare. I guarantee you, you've never met a bigger saint in your life.

I ask three things:
1 When you believe Martin, get back to me and give me the opportunity to earn your business.
2. If you're an attorney, realize that negotiating a mortgage modification is beyond  you without the REST Report - and why waste your time charging three grand when the homeowner can most probably do it themselves for a third of that, or less.
3. That the REST PSR will save you countless hours of research and reputation to prove your case in court.- and you might even prevail. Might cut down the frustrated posts here considerably and actually get you paid.

http://www.Mortgage-Mod-Monster.com
http://mortgage-monster.com/sue-your-lender

Quote 0 0
john Lewis

u r the 'MONSTER OF PREY' GO AWAY!

Quote 0 0
Moose
pompapah wrote:
OK, you attorney types; I give up.
You got me

I challenge you to find me at http://www.Mortgage-Mod-Monster.com and I'll give you the phone number of the owner of REST software. You argue with him. Question his integrity if you dare. I guarantee you, you've never met a bigger saint in your life.

I ask three things:
1 When you believe Martin, get back to me and give me the opportunity to earn your business.

Mr. Dix. Don't expect to "earn" any business this way. You've been asked politely to stop promoting the program.  This is not a commercial site.

pompapah wrote:
2. If you're an attorney, realize that negotiating a mortgage modification is beyond  you without the REST Report - and why waste your time charging three grand when the homeowner can most probably do it themselves for a third of that, or less.
3. That the REST PSR will save you countless hours of research and reputation to prove your case in court.- and you might even prevail. Might cut down the frustrated posts here considerably and actually get you paid.

We're not here to get paid. That's your assumption based on your misdirected objective to get people to visit your site.

Moose

Quote 0 0
"Excuse me sir. I couldn't help observing you pounding that nail with a rock. How's it going?
I happen to have a really neat tool that hits the nail on the head every time. It never misses. In fact, it's so perfect it doesn't even have a claw to remove the missed hits.
(like the bank does)"
"Unfortunately, I can't give you this magic 'hammer' for free."
"Oh, well, go on about your business and keep using your rock. This newfangled technology never works anyway. Been using that rock forever, huh?

There was an answer to a question on this forum where the responder accused the poster of using this forum to do his research instead of doing it himself. Everyone on this forum would do well to read that answer and do their research on my postings. I obviously am incapable of proving anything. Fine But the answer is out there anyway. Suing for title is not the panacea we all want it to be.

Call me someday and I'll tell you the true story of how hard it was to sell the brand new flushing toilet in Pennsylvania.

Quote 0 0
Moose
pompapah wrote:
"Excuse me sir. I couldn't help observing you pounding that nail with a rock. How's it going?
I happen to have a really neat tool that hits the nail on the head every time. It never misses. In fact, it's so perfect it doesn't even have a claw to remove the missed hits.

Show us. Thus far your "evidence" does not demonstrate the alleged nail is holding the board to the stud let alone that your fancy hammer drove it in.

pompapah wrote:
(like the bank does)"
"Unfortunately, I can't give you this magic 'hammer' for free."
"Oh, well, go on about your business and keep using your rock. This newfangled technology never works anyway. Been using that rock forever, huh?

How do you know we're using a rock?  All you have is an allegation that you have a magic tool to replace something you know nothing about.

Not exactly a smart way to build credibility. 

And dodging questions, too.

pompapah wrote:
... I obviously am incapable of proving anything.

No, you're unwilling to answer questions. People who do that while promoting something they have a pecuniary interest in usually have a motive for doing that.

pompapah wrote:
Fine But the answer is out there anyway. Suing for title is not the panacea we all want it to be.

Who said it was?

You stumbled upon this forum and thought it would be a vehicle to increase sales of the REST report through your channel. Your condescending approach and complete ignorance have blown any opportunity; if someone wants their counsel to obtain a REST report I would now recommend they obtain it from an alternate source.

pompapah wrote:
Call me someday and I'll tell you the true story of how hard it was to sell the brand new flushing toilet in Pennsylvania.

Hammers and toilets, eh?

Maybe you should find something other than hardware and mysteriously-priced services to peddle.

Moose

Quote 0 0
John Lewis

snake-oil-salesman

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...