Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
http://www.reachingu2help.org/

I got a call from them today.   I was told the majority of their work is funded through charitable organizations.   They have a network of attorney's throughout the US.    If you go through them, an attorney in your area will consult with you.   They audit your mortgage file with the lender.   The lender must respond within 30 days, then can request a 15 day extension; so normally the entire process lasts two to four months.    Their audit includes a forensic audit.    The cost is $595.00 for everything, as the original retainer to the attorney is paid for by the charities.     He says they do not work for the banks.

During this period, the Bank must cease and desist foreclosure proceedings.

If they find any error, and 95% of the time they do; the Bank is in violation of Federal Law and must do one of two things...  reduce your principal balance or reduce your interest rate and make the payments affordable.

Opinions?

Quote 0 0
Foley
The only thing I have seen that causes a bank to cease and desist is the automatic stay in bankruptcy or a court order such as a TRO or Injunction.
Quote 0 0
Ok, I'll look in to that.   He said the attorney would supenor my mortgage records from the bank; and they would have to cease and desist within three days.

Might be a scam though.     But I would be willing to pay that amount if it isn't.
Quote 0 0
Bill

Dianne wrote:
http://www.reachingu2help.org/

I got a call from them today.   I was told the majority of their work is funded through charitable organizations.   They have a network of attorney's throughout the US.    If you go through them, an attorney in your area will consult with you.   They audit your mortgage file with the lender.   The lender must respond within 30 days, then can request a 15 day extension; so normally the entire process lasts two to four months.    Their audit includes a forensic audit.    The cost is $595.00 for everything, as the original retainer to the attorney is paid for by the charities.     He says they do not work for the banks.

During this period, the Bank must cease and desist foreclosure proceedings.

If they find any error, and 95% of the time they do; the Bank is in violation of Federal Law and must do one of two things...  reduce your principal balance or reduce your interest rate and make the payments affordable.

Opinions?

Quote:

Q&A
Are we attorneys? No

Do we modify loans? No we are against loan modification companies since nationwide statistics show that only 4% of all loans are modified.

What do we do? We survey consumers and help educate them on their legal rights and choices.
IN NO EVENT WILL REACHING U NETWORK, INC. OR ITS MEMBERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES OR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE TO CONSUMER OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR PARTY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, AND INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”

It appears from their site they are a referral service.  Organizations would pay a fee to be on their "referral list" as a way to get business.  I do not see how this helps any homeowners.  From your post YOU are paying the fee to the attorney to review the file, you would then be required to pay this attorney to take action.  As Foley posted, I don't see how any audit is going to stop any court proceeding.  I also do not know WHY they think a servicer MUST respond to anything. 

The bottom line appears to be, they will refer you to an attorney to help you.  Then you pay the attorney.  I don't think that in itself is a scam, I just think you could pick up the phone book and find an attorney. 

Maybe give them a call and ask specifically how they can help.
Quote 0 0
Bill

I would like to add, just because an organization is non-profit does NOT mean SOMEONE does not profit.  You will often see high executives of non-profit organizations making 6 figure salaries.  As long as the business itself is not making a profit they are in the clear. 

Quote 0 0
That's great help guys and gals, thank you so much for the objective information.    I was so excited to have help, I couldn't see the forest for the trees.

I have the misfortune of living in a very corrupt state, North Carolina ... corrupt in that Bank of America runs this state..  Bank of America controls the Governor, controls the Attorney General, controls the Bar Association.     No attorney in N.C. will take my case as soon as I mention "Bank of America".    So I'm grasping at straws.

Quote 0 0
Bill
It's always good to keep looking for help, sometimes you have to dig really deep.  I would just really watch as soon as someone asks you to pull out your check book. 

I would still contact them and get very specific information on HOW they can help you or are they just referring you to someone else that you will need to pay for their services.
Quote 0 0
Moose
Quote:
Are we attorneys? No

Do we modify loans? No we are against loan modification companies since nationwide statistics show that only 4% of all loans are modified.

What do we do? We survey consumers and help educate them on their legal rights and choices.

The claim is very much like an oxymoron. They're not attorneys so they can't educate you on your legal "rights" and especially choices - to do so would be a violation of the UPL statutes.

Moose

Quote 0 0
Thanks for the tip.    Actually as I read more and more, I saw where they are a referral service, who sends your file to an attorney in your area.     I was told by the guy on the phone, the cost would be $595.00 which includes a forensic audit.

The website actually says, it will be $595.00 PER MONTH lol..   Big difference!!     Just another scam it seems.
Quote 0 0
Max Gardner is in North Carolina.  He is one of the top lawyers in the nation who has been fighting foreclosures.  He has a boot camp in which he has trained many lawyers who are fighting foreclosures on behalf of homeowners, and he has been doing this since the middle/late 1990's.  Two or three months ago there was a thread on him and Neil Gardner on this forum.
Quote 0 0
Cindy
At the risk of overstating the obvious, BEWARE of lawyers too.

I mean no disrespect here toward honest and competent legal professionals, but they are hard to find. You do have to dig deep.

I retained a lawyer who was a so-called expert in foreclosure defense. He always showed up when I Googled foreclosure defense in my area. He was slightly more knowledgeable than other lawyers I interviewed, but he was a crook and hurt my case, likely beyond repair, within a week. I managed to undo some of it, but what could have been a strong case is now only somewhat beyond neutral. He "discarded" my original documents after I fired him due to his hot temper and rude attitude. I had enough stress going on without adding that.

As soon as I recuperate as much as I can from the harm he did to my defense by discarding my most important evidence, I'm going to file a Bar complaint. The email I kept from him will be helpful with the Bar investigation.

If you are having a siimilar problem with an attorney, always KEEP email you exchange during foreclosure proceedings. Liars always trip themselves up somehow. And they always try to shift the blame, putting someone else down. In such cases, I don't exchange insults, I just let them self-destruct.

Don't hire an attorney out of desperation. Take as much time as you can and make sure you communicate well with that person. Trust your gut, and know that they are usually on their best behavior toward you before you sign the engagement agreement.

Ask how many cases he or she has won something for the client in foreclosure. If the answer is none, then don't add your case to that pile of failures. Few "free houses" are floating around, but success can come in other ways in foreclosure cases.

Don't do all the talking, find out what he or she knows. If you get glazed eyes staring back at you when you ask about MERS, you need to waste no more time.

If your gut tells you to run while you are interviewing an attorney, then run!

I am much wiser now, but it cost way too much money and time getting there.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...