Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Mortgage was transferred from Bank of America in New York to Green Tree Servicing LLC and we are in the process of trying to get a HAMP 2 modification that began with BOA and is now with Green Tree and this constantly causing issues with documentation that has been sent and they say it hasn't and we send again and again and this appears to be a process to avoid approving the modification.  

Any one else going through this and what is some advice with making the modification happen?
Quote 0 0
Jiminy, 

I believe Hamp has a certain set of procedures. Its always best to get counsel. But most counsel isn't helpful. You don't mention if you are involved in a court case as of yet. They will do anything up to including stealing your home if your not careful. I hope this site here may be of use. 
https://www.hmpadmin.com//portal/programs/hamp.jsp

Any modification will change the current terms of the note you have previously created. Hamp doesn't have to be used to do a modification. Hamp exists though to have more enforcement action I believe within the court system. Unless you have an attorney pretty much they will do a current debt to income analysis, as well as run your credit to determine what you qualify for as a new interest rate and the extension of your loan. Most amounts behind are tacked on and spread over the life of your loan.

Depending on your interest rate you may want to ask about a forbearance on your note. You may accomplish your same goal with out a rate increase on your interest rate. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone here will chime in to assist better. 

It sounds like you are not involved in the court process yet. If you go that route your issue is standing. Who has the right to be there to claim to be the one who should be paid. They like to play hide the real party in interest. 

While you say you were doing a modification with Bank of America when you sat down and closed your loan did you close with Bank of America or another group? Do you know? Be sure to check your documents from closing vs what's recorded in your county records.

If you decide to fight in court pick the best place. Foreclosure is a state issue in most cases. But if you get stuck and have to file a bankruptcy it becomes Federal. Then its best to look for other cases depending on the avenue you choose to help you best. Federal cases are easier to get examples for help in doing your pleadings via pacer. But I firmly believe people should only file if absolutely necessary. The court process can be very treacherous and there are many licensed and unlicensed people who will mislead you entirely.  
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...