Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

I am trying to locate an address for Greenpoint to serve a civil complaint all the addresses we have served came back.  Can anyone help?  I know Greenpoint was shutdown in 07 but i have found recent cases with them named in it but no service address. The attorneys listed for them have no new address or at least wont give it to us. 

Quote 0 0
Can't you serve their attorneys?
Quote 0 0
S. Broska wrote:

I am trying to locate an address for Greenpoint to serve a civil complaint all the addresses we have served came back.  Can anyone help?  I know Greenpoint was shutdown in 07 but i have found recent cases with them named in it but no service address. The attorneys listed for them have no new address or at least wont give it to us. 

Greenpoint Mortgage Funding, Inc. is located at 2730 W Tyvola Rd Ste 300 Charlotte, NC 28217. The officers include Colin Ruh, Irene Gilbert, Kevin Hughes, Stephen P Theobald. Greenpoint Mortgage Funding, Inc. was incorporated on Wednesday, June 16, 1999 in the State of FL and is currently active. Corporation Service Company represents Greenpoint Mortgage Funding, Inc. as their registered agent.
- - -
TRY THIS ADDRESS FOR SERVICE: 
Corporation Service Company  
2711 Centerville Road
Wilmington, DE 19808

Quote 0 0
William A. Roper, Jr.
Check the state incorporation laws for foreign corporations in your jurisdiction.  Foreign corporations (those domiciled out of state) are typically required to maintain an in state registered agent.  In most places, service on the registered agent is valid service for the corporation.

If the registered agent cannot be found or served, sometimes service on the secretary of state is valid.

If the foreign corporation has surrendered its foreign corporate registration, the precise nature of the surrender may affect whether service is valid or not.

If you cannot effect valid service within the state, then you probably are going to need to serve someone in either the state of domicile or the corporate headquarters, which may be in a different jurisdiction.  Serving the registered agent in the place of domicile is usually valid service.

It is less clear whether service of a registered agent in another jurisdiction is valid.  Be very careful, because sometimes there are corporations in different states with the SAME or slightly different names.  Registering a corporation in one place does NOT reserve the corporate name in all places.  So if you served a company at a location other than its domicile, make absolutely certain that it is the SAME corporation you are intending to serve.

Be sure to carefully read the law and cases on service for your jurisdiction.

If you are attempting service of a subpoena and/or are seeking jurisdiction for discovery or other purposes, you may want to be particularly thorough.  Your goal then isn't merely for the service to be legally effective, but you want them to KNOW ABOUT IT and act on it.

If you are seeking service to establish jurisdiction over a defendant to a suit, you are usually concerned about making certain that the service is legally correct.  Because if service is correct, but the defendant fails to answer, you can win by default.  You probably needn't use multiple and redundant means to serve in such a case.  One legally sufficient service is enough.

READ THE STATE'S CORPORATE AND SERVICE STATUTES, PARTICULARLY THE STATUTE ON LONG-ARM SERVICE.  READ THE RULES.  READ THE CASES.

I AM NOT A LAWYER AND THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE!
Quote 0 0

Thanks for the Info.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...