Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Show full post »

So who were her attorney(s)?  Can we use them too?  Please let me know.  Ameriquest foreclosed on one of our mortgages also.

Quote 0 0
Link and email
Ms. Gillean was represented at trial by Luke Wallace and David Humphreys of Humphreys Wallace Humphreys, P.C. of Tulsa, Oklahoma. http://www.hwh-law.com
Humphreys Wallace Humphreys  link to their web site
Quote 0 0

Rebuttal Consumer Comment
Submitted: 9/24/2006 6:21:06 AM Modified: 9/24/2006 6:21:06 AM

Sarah

Sarah, So you are a broker how long did you broker for ameriquest?

did you work in office at ameriquest or from home offices?

As far as the stock market I don't know much about it, but I'm sure that it does make some kind of impact, JP Morgan Chase has stock and is on my mortgage document for payoff to them.

What about Fitch Fanny May and Freddy and all that Pooling, I don't know much about that either but I do know that they are guarding and watching the high rate of foreclosures.

Someone contacted me from the stock market a few months ago he said he was a writer he gave me his phone number, but I haven't called him and lost the email. that's what makes me think there is or may be some concern regarding the stock market.

So Sarah what would you say we do?

I think we should make a complaint as a group to Attorney General Tom Miller He signed the contract with Ameriquest for 325,000,000.00 Million dollars for not admitting guilt or wrongdoing. Where we would get maybe 600 hundred dollars for having to live this nightmare we all have to deal with everyday. While Ameriquest continues to do what they have been doing ripping people off and stealing homes right and left.

WE see new people here every week it makes me SICK to see ameriquest ripping off old people and people that can't fight back. It's really SAD!

We could get the fax number for Attorney General Tom Miller and all send him faxes on the same day so they can see how many people are still being hurt by ameriquest.

lol, I was looking at the calendar to see what day would be a good day to fax the letter so not to send it on Sunday or something and noticed that this year has a Friday the 13th, not such a lucky day for Ameriquest I'm sure! So how does that sound is anyone with me on this?

I will get the fax number and help write the letter and post it here so we can agree or not agree on it. Okay?

If someone here wants to write the letter that would be great! Or if you think we should do something else let us know? The more input the better.

Bill & Ted - Orange, California
U.S.A.

Rip Off Report:Ameriquest Mortgage Took Advantage of My Emotional Needs After Husband Passed ripoff Grand Rapids Michigan

Quote 0 0
FB EYE!

All eyes on lender

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Some months ago, we urged the govern ment to keep an eye on Argent Mortgage Co., a subsidiary of ACC Capitol Holdings Corp.

Our warning came in January after the federal government and 49 states slapped another ACC subsidiary, Ameriquest Mortgage, with a $325 million penalty and forced it to overhaul its lending practices.

Now, California-based Argent is accused of misbehaving. Recent reporting by The Plain Dealer's Mark Gillispie found that one in five of its local loans ends up in default.

Advertisement

Borrowers are losing their homes, leaving the city with dozens of abandoned, foreclosed properties. The wreckage drives more people to abandon the city.

Argent spokesman Chris Orlando and Vice President Josh Perttula say the entire subprime lending industry is struggling to eliminate fraud and improve underwriting rules. They pointed out that Argent's foreclosure rate in Cleveland is comparable to, or even slightly lower than, other companies doing business there.

Fine, but as Cleveland's biggest subprime lender, Argent should be leading the way by making sure its loans go to eligible borrowers who can make their payments.

Argent says it is working hard to weed out fraud with new software and through discussions with the East Side Organizing Project, a grass-roots organization that blasts subprime companies that prey on borrowers. ESOP should keep the pressure on.

And if Argent can't or won't improve its performance, it should feel the wrath of the feds, just like Ameriquest.

Quote 0 0

Hmmmmmmmm????????

Let me understand this, Argent is trying to weed out fraud.  It would seem to me that they should use the weedkiller in house. 

They just have to blame someone or something other than themselves.

We know where the fraud is. 

Bib Bob

Quote 0 0
O -

lol thats a good one BB

Quote 0 0

What fraud are they trying to weed out?

It is only broker fraud if I had to make a guess.

Mortgage originators as a group have lowered their standards of information necessary to fund a loan. 

They have been turning a blind eye towards the broker's borrower information.

They have elminated the simple step of verifying such extremely difficult

tasks such as verifying employment and wages.  Whatever the broker says stands unverified.  Of course, they do that to reduce their own costs of processing a requested loan.

They could eliminate broker fraud in a heartbeat by simply verifying the information that is submitted on a loan application.  What would it take?

15 minutes?

Everybody acts like it is a big surprise fraud is being commited except that we know our politicians, law enforcement, FBI, Justice Department, Banking

Regulators and every other party who should be interested in the information,

disregards borrower complaints until or unless it affects corporations bottom line and they pay even more attention when it affects wall street.

If we can figure out what is wrong with this picture and we have.

We have to wonder why these same people are so uninformed.

They seem shocked.  They seem dismayed.  Oh puhleeeze.

Business ethics are a thing of the past.  I don't think you can mandate

ethics but you sure can legislate regulations that would prevent the blatant

non-ethics of this industry from originator to loan servicer.

Dee

Quote 0 0
$$ Prison Time 4 three $$

Three area men get prison time for mortgage fraud

Kansas City Business Journal - 9:59 AM CDT Thursday

Three co-defendants in a multimillion-dollar mortgage fraud scheme were sentenced to federal prison Wednesday and ordered to pay combined restitution of $21.7 million.

The three were involved in the largest mortgage fraud scheme ever prosecuted in U.S. District Court in Kansas City, Bradley Schlozman, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Missouri, said in a release.

The property-flipping scheme involved nearly 300 fraudulent loans worth nearly $20 million, Schlozman said.

U.S. District Court Judge Fernando Gaitan handed down the following sentences:

• Roderick Neil Criss, 35, of Kansas City, formerly the branch manager at Ameriquest Mortgage in Gladstone and president of Express Mortgage Inc., was sentenced to three years and one month in federal prison without parole. The court also ordered Criss to pay $4.6 million in restitution.
  • Chauncey Calvert, 36, of Kansas City, formerly an account executive at Ameriquest Mortgage, Express Mortgage and Mid Capital Mortgage, was sentenced to one year and six months in federal prison without parole. The court also ordered Calvert to pay $9.1 million in restitution.
  • Robert Dale Beckley, 34, of Kansas City, formerly an employee of Express Mortgage and Mid Capital Mortgage, was sentenced to one year and one day in federal prison without parole. The court also ordered Beckley to pay $8 million in restitution.

Each defendant pleaded guilty to participating in a conspiracy led by co-defendant Brent Michael Barber, 42, of Belton. Many of the properties involved in the property-flipping schemes were Downtown and in the midtown area of Kansas City, Schlozman said.

Barber pleaded guilty on Feb. 23 to 104 counts contained in two federal indictments. Those indictments, as well as a third federal indictment for which Barber was convicted by a jury, involve separate schemes to defraud mortgage lending companies of millions of dollars. Barber is scheduled to be sentenced on Oct. 30.

Barber faces as much as five years in federal prison without parole for each of the two conspiracy counts, plus a fine of as much as $250,000; as much as 10 years in federal prison without parole on each of 98 counts of interstate transportation of funds obtained by fraud, plus a fine of as much as $250,000; and as much as 10 years in federal prison without parole for each of four money laundering counts, plus a fine of as much as $250,000, Schlozman said.

Three area men get prison time for mortgage fraud - Kansas City Business Journal: 

Quote 0 0
ohnoObama
Patrick denies lobbying Obama for nod
Boston Herald - 9 hours ago
By Dave Wedge and Kimberly Atkins. Deval Patrick yesterday defended his support of billionaire Ameriquest boss Roland Arnall’s ambassador post and denied lobbying Sen. Barack Obama to approve the controversial nomination.
Boston Herald Chief Enterprise Reporter Boston Herald
all 3 news articles »
Quote 0 0
Diamonds HiddeninBread

By Dave Wedge and Kimberly Atkins
Saturday, October 21, 2006

Deval Patrick yesterday defended his support of billionaire Ameriquest boss Roland Arnall’s ambassador post and denied lobbying Sen. Barack Obama to approve the controversial nomination.

While raking in a $360,000-a-year salary as an Ameriquest board member, Patrick wrote a letter to pols supporting Arnall’s nomination to become ambassador to the Netherlands - an appointment that was initially opposed by Obama, a close political ally of Patrick.

Obama, who was in Boston last night stumping for Patrick, raised questions about Arnall’s nomination in October 2005, citing allegations that Ameriquest ripped off low-income and elderly homeowners. The claims resulted in a $325 million settlement in January.

Arnall, who funneled $5 million in soft money - unregulated special interest funds - into President Bush’s re-election, was unanimously approved by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in February. When asked whether he influenced Obama to change his position on Arnall’s appointment, Patrick responded: “I wasn’t lobbying for him. I wrote the letter but we talked about it because of our relationship and my familiarity with the company.”

Patrick, who slapped Ameriquest with a $4 million fine for predatory lending while a top Justice Department attorney in 1996, also defended his work with the company.

“As a result of the work I did that company has changed its culture, and good for them,” Patrick said.
source

http://news.bostonherald.com/localPolitics/view.bg?articleid=163355

Quote 0 0

Patrick, who slapped Ameriquest with a $4 million fine for predatory lending while a top Justice Department attorney in 1996, also defended his work with the company.

“As a result of the work I did that company has changed its culture, and good for them,” Patrick said.
source

This tactic is common.  It's a way to get the enemy off your back.

It should be illegal for this to happen.

What does Patrick know about changing culture?

That's an absurd statement in view of the ???settlement???.

While a somewhat different topic, wait until you see what our

V.P. Cheney gets from Haliburton who has received giant

humongous no bid-rivals allowed government contracts for

our involvement in war against Iraqi's.

That will blow your socks off.

He'll be on the Board or something and get stock options for free up the wahzoo.

His reward for his ongoing relationship with the company prior to his election to VP.

Dee

Dee

Quote 0 0
Got Milk?

[PDF] G:\MADELEINE\CASES\TILA\Washington v. Ameriquest Co\MSJ_opdraft.wpd

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
See Jones v. Ameriquest, No. 05-0432, slip op. (N.D. Ill. Jan. 31, 2006). As discussed more fully in Jones,. this Court finds that a reasonable fact finder ...
http://www.edcombs.com/CM/Opinions/washington.v.ameriquest.ndill.pdf - Similar pages

Quote 0 0
Obama in the News
Diamonds HiddeninBread wrote:
By Dave Wedge and Kimberly Atkins
Saturday, October 21, 2006

Deval Patrick yesterday defended his support of billionaire Ameriquest boss Roland Arnall’s ambassador post and denied lobbying Sen. Barack Obama to approve the controversial nomination.

While raking in a $360,000-a-year salary as an Ameriquest board member, Patrick wrote a letter to pols supporting Arnall’s nomination to become ambassador to the Netherlands - an appointment that was initially opposed by Obama, a close political ally of Patrick.

Obama, who was in Boston last night stumping for Patrick, raised questions about Arnall’s nomination in October 2005, citing allegations that Ameriquest ripped off low-income and elderly homeowners. The claims resulted in a $325 million settlement in January.

Arnall, who funneled $5 million in soft money - unregulated special interest funds - into President Bush’s re-election, was unanimously approved by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in February. When asked whether he influenced Obama to change his position on Arnall’s appointment, Patrick responded: “I wasn’t lobbying for him. I wrote the letter but we talked about it because of our relationship and my familiarity with the company.”

source

Quote 0 0
Obama $ Deval in the News

Boston Globe
Patrick uses campaign funds for legal fees
Boston Globe, United States - Jul 30, 2007
It was prompted, he said, by a personal request from a top official at ACC Capitol, the private holding firm that is owned by billionaire Roland E. Arnall. ...

Quote 0 0

Anyone wishing to speak to Governor Patrick can catch him on 96.9 FM WTKK in Boston usually the first Thursday of every month around 1:00 Eastern time during the Egan & Broudy show. WTKK streams at http://www.969fmtalk.com so anyone with a computer and internet connection can listen from anywhere. (617) 822 1969

Quote 0 0

Mike, Do you think we can get transcripts from the show?
Quote 0 0
Deval Patrick is a liar he gets paid off by Roland Arnall to defraud his own people just Like Villaragosa gets paid off by Roland Arnall to defraud Hispanic people in L.A. area. Blacks and Hispanics are primary victims of Roland Arnalls home stealing criminal organization. Could it be that Roland Arnall used a black man to gain Senator Obama's confidence to derail investigation into his activities and attempt to prevent sub-prime lending and money laundering/corporate corruption from being the primary Presidential platform in 2008 Hillary certainly has her hands dirty in this mess with her background in banking crimes and her with her mansion in N.Y. unlawfully funded by Deutsche bank and her donors. If all the politicians get a slice of the corporate crime pie how can they be brought to justice?

This should come as a surprise to no-one because Roland Anall uses this combination of his partner in Crime Rabbi Heir, the Simon Wiesenthall holocaust museum, Deutschebank, and George Bush to promote anti-semitism in order to get rich. These people leave Hitler in the dust in terms of their SSatanic hatred of Humanity as it was Roland Arnall's partner in crime who cleared the merger of Deutsche bank and bankers trust. Deutsche bank was involved in Nazi war crimes and money laundering obviously Roland Arnall and Rabbi Heir approve of the idea of shoveling Jews into ovens and pulling the gold out of their teeth as long as they get a cut of the profits.

And again if you follow history Roland Arnalls other big partner in crime is George Bush who's grandfather Prescott Bush who was caught and convicted for supplying Hitler through the Union bank and provided him with steel for his war machine though Netherlands. Prescott Bush was also the leader of the Eugenics movement in the U.S. and the idea of killing off the undesirables was Bushes idea not Hitlers. And again if you follow history it was Jewish millionaires and the church promoting and funding Hitler, just as Rabbi Heir, Roland Arnall, another Bush family member and the Evangelical church of the U.S. are promoting and funding the financial holocaust of American citizens.

How do I know this I grew up in the largest Jewish population in the U.S. outside of N.Y.C. Chicago's north shore and I have several hundred Jewish friends and have had many Jewish employers and the majority of my sources and records come from Jewish historians, Rabbi's, and activists.

What's wrong
Roland Anall your not smart enough to beat your competition fair and square by offering people a product they purchase voluntarily which benefits them, so you stir up anti-semitism to have to have others round up your competition like your pals did in Nazi Europe?
Quote 0 0
About Obama
Deval Patrick yesterday defended his support of billionaire Ameriquest boss Roland Arnall’s ambassador post and denied lobbying Sen. Barack Obama to approve the controversial nomination.Deval Patrick yesterday defended his support of billionaire Ameriquest boss Roland Arnall’s ambassador post and denied lobbying Sen. Barack Obama to approve the controversial nomination.

FUNNY RESPONSE TO SIMPLE QUESTION:

source

My question is, Did Obama have any say so regarding the nomination of Roland Arnall?
Quote 0 0
Stephen

I requested "60 minutes" consider a segment on Ameriquest, focused on Arnall and his relationship to Bush.

Quote 0 0

I didn't do it!

Quote 0 0
Patterns of FRAUD!

August 13, 2007: Greenspan's Shameless Cash-Out to Deutsche Bank Is a Sub-Crime, Consumers Complain

Update of June 18, 2007: Deutsche Bank will have to go on trial for market rigging related to Parmalat SpA's collapse in 2003...

Update of June 11, 2007: Increasing exposed as a predator, Deutsche Bank buys subprime loans already in default then tries to foreclose on them: Michelle Tucker in Jacksonville, Florida, Sima Shwartz in Worchester, Mass.  Now Ohio Attorney General Marc Dann has said he might sue. Here's hoping...

Deutsche Bank's misdeeds are not limited to predatory lending and service to dictators like Turkmenbashi. Pending now in New York's highest court in Albany is a case concerning Deutsche Bank Trust Company of NY's mis-administration of the trust of Harry Winston. App. Div. Docket No. 2006-01070.The Deutsche Bank Watch

Quote 0 0
APPEAL IS DISMISSED
04-09-2008 O - 66680391 Apr 9 2008 3:33:08:340PM - $ 0.00
ORDER FROM THE SUPREME COURT IN CASE # 103201: APPEAL IS DISMISSED
Document Available at Court Clerk's Office

and

Quote 0 0
BlastFromThePast
Obama $ Deval in the News wrote:

Boston Globe
Patrick uses campaign funds for legal fees
Boston Globe, United States - Jul 30, 2007
It was prompted, he said, by a personal request from a top official at ACC Capitol, the private holding firm that is owned by billionaire Roland E. Arnall. ...

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...