Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

A good attorney in the Reno area, to guide your Nevada mediation & manage your mortgage issues, including bank fraud, improper mortgage documents, modification offers, and foreclosure response:

Mark Mausert at 775-786-5477

They have a small office near UNR, with sharp lawyers and staff. Another important client they represent is the Nevada State Attorney General's office, processing ongoing bank fraud issues throughout Nevada, which are soon going to court. Other law firms I talked with in Reno are not nearly as knowledgeable, and some play both sides of the game, also representing banks.

Mark Mausert's fees for a homeowner: $2500 to bring issues to mediation however long that takes, $200 for the Nevada mediation fee, and $1000 for the attorney for the court hearing (for each mediation). Assuming one mediation = $3700 total.

We received good advice, well worth the money spent. In my opinion, these are not "Do-It-Yourself" type problems. Good Luck!

Quote 0 0
Sara
It doesn't sound like a bad deal...

I find that on the initial consultation, they all talk a good sales pitch.  It's the ones that can walk-the-walk that are the good ones.

Keep us informed if you do use this firm.

S
Quote 0 0
The Equitable One
Sara,

Most law schools require only one course in the UCC, and only one course in con-law. They do, however, require 4 courses in marketing.

(another attempt at humor)

Quote 0 0
Paul,
Is Nevada a judicial or non-judicial foreclosure ?
Is the fee $3500 include all legal pleadings and hearing to defend the foreclosure lawsuit ?
Probably One or two hearings needed for mediation but to my knowlege there are many hearings to defend a foreclosure lawsuit.
Most of the time when the Homeower is working on mediation, the bank files foreclosure lawsuit and proceeding to sell the house at the same time. 
In Florida, mediation is mandatory, I don't have to pay $2500 to get a mediation. In most of other states,  I believe homeowner can file a Motion to Request Mediation himself.
Download Civil Rule and Procedure in your state to check it out
Go to http://www.foreclosureprose.com for more info.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...