Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Timmy

Looking for advice.

About our case:

Started about 2 years ago - Service rights sold to new servicer 11 months ago.  Assigned to a new law firm about 5 months ago.  This is a FL case

The question is we have received a letter from the prior servicer return receipt and have not picked it up from the post office yet.  Normally anything return receipt is not good news but since it is from the prior servicer should we go pick it up or let it go back undelivered?  What are the pros and cons of picking the letter up?

Thanks in advance.

Quote 0 0
JJ
Don't see the harm either way really, I think curiousity would get the best of me.  What could it be, a belated notice of acceleration or belated notice of servicing transfer? 
Quote 0 0
annettebb
I agree. If they are your prior servicer- they certainly cannot be sending an NOD or acceleration letter. Curiosity would get he best of me too- and you never know- it might help you.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...