Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
FnDoomed
I can vouch for this free software because I wrote it.

Over the years I've been tinkering with tools to help me become more effective at legal research. LegalAidPC is web browser much like Internet Explorer or Firefox, but LegalAidPC is geared to one task only - legal research on Google Scholar.

LegalAidPC is a wrapper for google scholar query results and allows you to sort them, search them, stored them in workbins and even annotate them.

LegalAidPC is 100% free to the world - but I do include a strip of honorarium buttons for those so inclined.

WEBMASTER: THE LINK PROVIDED IS BROKEN.
Quote 0 0
Has been taken down for now - it irritated google, I think...
Quote 0 0
Chi Chi
FnDoomed, whats the latest on the software? Just curious for an update on the Google position.
Quote 0 0
FnDoomed
I'll get a new link up soon. Got to detune things abit.
Quote 0 0
FnDoomed
I put up a new version here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5qw4yinyj3vm759

Changes:

- Some high performance features were triggering protective evasive actions, so these features have been removed.

- Program can tell you about new versions that become available.
Quote 0 0
FnDoomed
About older laptops and OS's. I'm running into some people running XP and having some issues. I know legal aid pc relies on some recent stuff from MS and am working to identify the issues. It would help if I ran across a failing user who was also a little bit tech savvy.

It works great in modern environments with the latest bits from MS so if thats you then have at it with no worries.
Quote 0 0
?
Microsoft NET framework 4.0 appears to be required and downloading and installing appears to be an issue at least on this XP laptop.

Try writing the program without outsourced dependency...
Quote 0 0
Chi Chi
Hey Fndoomed...The new link you posted does not work it says "Invalid or Deleted File."
Quote 0 0
FnDoomed
I've been hanging with a friend who consented to let me use her old laptop to see what was wrong.

Try this kit: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xnt13byq0iwxibi

Quote 0 0
?
Still appears to be a NET 4 framework issue, some older XP's do not like the 4.0 upgrade which your software requires.

Like is was said, your software needs to be independent of any system upgrades.
Quote 0 0
FnDoomed
The code needs .NET and there's no way around that. The PC I got to play with was running XP3 which is pretty old, and the code now works for the few users I've been working with.

If you have a machine that doesn't support .NET 4.0 then its likely that machine is running something less than XP3.
Microsoft stopped supporting windows XP2 in July 2010.

That being said - I'm happy to try to make something work for people running XP2 but I have to find somebody willing to be a guinea pig.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/end-support

Quote 0 0
FnDoomed
The most recent revision of Legal Aid PC is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?25cdx3c1np6n982

Legal Aid PC is free legal research software. Check it out.
Quote 0 0
Symantec says this is a malicious site and recommends not visiting it.

Doom, this is why this site is not what it used to be.

I'm a long time poster and visit every day.

My email is posted so if I'm wrong, you are welcome to communicate.

Bob
Quote 0 0
Jim
Quote:
Symantec says this is a malicious site and recommends not visiting it.

Doom, this is why this site is not what it used to be.

Bob, Mediafire is a cloud data storage site that facilitates file uploading, downloading and sharing. But this file sharing includes executable files.

One of the core problems with executable software (and even with other data files that are operated upon by applications containing support for macros or Visual Basic code, etc., is that these can be vectors for delivery of malicious code.

If a user downloads and installs an application, the user is trusting the application developer not only not to have inserted malicious code into the application, but also to be a reasonably competent programmer who has written code that cannot inadvertently harm the computer, operating system or other running applications.

Moreover, when the source of the code remains anonymous, someone with malicious intent can take a valuable working application and alter it to include malicious code.

Downloading and running software developed by strangers involves a very high degree of trust. I have seen FnDoomed at the Forum long enough that I believe that he is probably trustworthy. I am also willing to assume that FnDoomed is competent at programming. Still, I haven't seen enough of a compelling case that the software is inherently useful to assume the risk associated with downloading and installing software written by a stranger, even given away for free, since there is no warranty that it cannot harm my computer.

Since I have full access to LEXIS in my work, the value of improved presentation of Google Scholar results is for me very, very marginal.

I am not trying to discourage others from downloading and using this software. Rather I am only distinguishing the real risks. I do not think that the risks are inherently associated with the site. Instead, the risks are inherent to installing and using any application software given away by strangers!

I am sure that FnDoomed is trying to be helpful. But the continued safe operation of my computer is actually more important to me than my house!
Quote 0 0
FnDoomed
It has features that helped me - afterall, that's why I wrote it.

Now that I'm closer to the end of my foreclosure defense than the beginning, I wanted to give some things back. That's why I cleaned it up and released it to the public free of charge. It doesn't matter to me whether one uses it or not.

In a similar vein, because I'm sick of digging up Roper links I also put together a document called Foreclosure Defense 101 that links to many Roper essays, cases of import and a section on recognizing ripoffs. I put that up on scribd and it is available free of charge as well.

Quote 0 0
f
Quote:
In a similar vein, because I'm sick of digging up Roper links I also put together a document called Foreclosure Defense 101 that links to many Roper essays, cases of import and a section on recognizing ripoffs. I put that up on scribd and it is available free of charge as well.

[i]A creditable contribution! Thanks FnDoomed![/b]
Quote 0 0
Chi Chi
FnDoomed....WELL DONE! I LOVE IT! I downloaded your program and it works great!

I agree with "f" "A creditable contribution! Thanks FnDoomed!"

Quote 0 0
Thank you guys for your kind words. ChiChi do not hesitate to contact me if you run into problems (bugs) or things you'd like to do but cant find a way to do.

What I've found most useful was:

1) Annotation. Read a case - highlight and copy (CTRL/C) some text, click the annotate button for that case and paste (CTRL/V) the text into your annotation. From that moment whenever that case is returned in a google search, your annotation text is included in the results in bright red. If you write a little something about each case you read, then you only ever have to read that case again if you want to.

2) Concept of a research project - you can save your work so you can pick it up again later.

3) Workbins. Are really bookmarks/folders on steroids. Read a case, send it to a workbin with a mouse-click. Merge workbins with drag and drop.

4) Powerful filtering. Works best when you have the full text index of the cases being filters or just use it to filter on the results as shown by google.

5) Expanded sorting. Google sorts by date or its relevance algorithm. I sort by dates, cite count, plaintiffs or defendants.

As explained in the help page - you can accomplish many of the same things yourself - I just make it easier to do.

Quote 0 0
Jim,

Thank you for the explanation. I use Scholar often.

Doom,

Symantec went crazy when I tried to open the file. I've never seen that screen before! I meant no harm, just concern and apologize.

I've been around since 2006 when Gary Wait introduced me to this site. We have worked together on this mess since then and consider him a trusted friend. I've had the pleasure of butting heads with Roper. I take Texas' comments to the bank. Jack is amazing.

We lost our home March 20, 2007 and continue to work to get it back. Lost rounds 1,2& 3, working on number 4.

Good Luck To All,
Bob & Stacy
Quote 0 0
Floyd
Quote:
I've been around since 2006 when Gary Wait introduced me to this site. We have worked together on this mess since then and consider him a trusted friend. I've had the pleasure of butting heads with Roper. I take Texas' comments to the bank. Jack is amazing.

We lost our home March 20, 2007 and continue to work to get it back. Lost rounds 1,2& 3, working on number 4.

Good Luck To All,
Bob & Stacy

Hey, Bob! Great to see you still posting. Glad to hear that you are still taking the fight to the SOBs! I butted heads with Roper too and first thought he was wrong about many of his theories, but man, after I did my own research, I found out that he was mostly right about everything! Agree with you about Texas and Jack, by the way. Give my best to Gary if you are still in touch with him!
Quote 0 0
Maurice
Hi, Bob! Welcome back!
Quote 0 0
Texas
From the movie "Ghost", ditto on Bob.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...