Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Hello to all,
This is my situation:  Bank loan is under husband's name only, and we are in process of divorce.  He is no longer living at the house.   Have power of atty to handle bank modification and bank accepted it.   Mortgage documents is under both names.  I tried modification and bank says no since I am not in the loan.  Home is already under foreclosure, I am Pro-se.  I was served and I answered.   Do I still have a chance to keep this home?
Quote 0 0
Sara
If I were in your situation, I would think long and hard about keeping the house.  Not only would it be hard from a emotional point of view, it might have a disasterous outcome in the future.

Ask your divorce attorney what he/she thinks.

S
Quote 0 0
Moose
Sonia wrote:
Hello to all,
This is my situation:  Bank loan is under husband's name only, and we are in process of divorce.  He is no longer living at the house.   Have power of atty to handle bank modification and bank accepted it.   Mortgage documents is under both names.  I tried modification and bank says no since I am not in the loan.  Home is already under foreclosure, I am Pro-se.  I was served and I answered.   Do I still have a chance to keep this home?

Talk to your divorce attorney - quick and hope they know something about your state's property statutes. Laws vary by state.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...