Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
srsd
Our house will be up for auction on Oct. 25th.   We was 1 payment behind because my husband had double aneurysm surgery and this month we had the money to get everything caught up.  I got bills from 3 different places to mail the payment.....Ameriquest, Deustch, and Citi Financial.  While I am trying to find out where to mail the payment, our foreclosure came out in the newspaper. I called and talked to them and they wanted nearly $16,000 for legal fees, late fees, and the regular payments.  I tried to work out a payment plan but the said no.
Ameriquest is still holding our check for roof repair that was sent to us in May.  The inspector just got the order and came out last Friday to check the roof. The roof has been fixed for nearly 2 months but they are sitting on nearly $6,000.00 that we need to finish paying the contractors for.  We paid nearly $5000.00 already.
The foreclosure is going to be interesting because my son(a minor) owns a lot and we own a lot and the house sits on both lots so nobody can get a clear title tot he property.  A friend made a great suggestion.....let them foreclosure and charge them for everyday that the house sits on his lot.....
Quote 0 0
srsd

One more thing I forgot...we had over $900.00 in a "suspense account" that was just sitting there.  At one time we had over $2000.00 in a suspense account and I had asked what happened to the money but no answer.

Quote 0 0
This sounds horrible.  Have you contacted any local, state or federal agency's, as well as your lawmakers.   Any lawyers, pro bono agency's or television stations?
Quote 0 0
srsd
Yes Liz,  I e-mailed all of this to our AG as soon as we found out. I am also in contact with 2 different lawyers to see what approach they want to take.  I hope they both have something that will help us.  I have been in contact with one since we found out about the Ameriquest situations but never thought things would go this far. I am talking to another one Monday and see what he has to say.  Like I say,  it is going to be interesting because a local lawyer told me nobody could get a clear title to this property because of my son being a minor and he is not part of the mortgage.
The house was suppose to built on our lot but somehow when it was built, part of the house is on his lot.  I hope he gets an option to charge Ameriquest for everyday the house sits on his lot.
Quote 0 0
Stephen

Sounds like they triple-sold your loan.

Quote 0 0

In a way it is apropos! These banks and mortgage company love to play mind games with us and now they are getting a taste of their own medicine with this one!

Quote 0 0
O -
SRSD, it seems like Ameriquest has possibly breached the mortgage contract in a few different ways as far as I can tell. You might want to reread you mortgage contract regarding fee's, attorneys fee's, suspence accounts, insurance, escrow.

Thats a lot of money for attorneys Fee's Do you have that in writting? might be fraud to charge you that much for attorneys fee's just for being 2 months late.

Have you sent a QWR to them?

GL

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...