Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Margaret
I think Bill McCollum just got my vote....

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20108111035
Quote 0 0

"WHAT TOOK THEM SO LONG???" If it weren't time to vote, I wonder if this would be happening.

Quote 0 0
Margaret
I think they are just starting to get it....let's face it, no one wants to admit these law offices would go to such extreme measures to win their cases. =)

If it was not for all the Attorney's speaking on the behalf of us "the people" we probably would not have gotten this far.

I personally want to thank all the Attorney's out there who are representing us and working their butts off trying to get to the bottom of this. As well as the people who set up these forums to give us a place to speak freely, without judgement. A shout out as well to all the homeowners who are researching this fraud on their own time and sharing that info in these forums.

There is still people out there who say well these foreclosure mills are just doing their jobs, that many of us are not paying our mortgage and deserve to be kicked out of our homes. Even if the service of process was not effected, that they are fraudulently signed.......etc..

I don't care if it is a political move, it is a step in the right direction. Already the media has picked up on this...not as much as they should, but should these charges stick I'm sure they will be.

Quote 0 0
Margaret
While reading through the comments some of these law firms are saying, such as well we handle so many foreclosures it is expected that there might be a few mistake here or there and this is all under the supervision of the judges who are handling these cases. So, they are trying to say there is only a few cases and considering the amount of foreclosures filed these mistakes are bound to happen.

I was wondering if someone could come up with a WordDoc or similar...explaining in layman's terms how to spot this fraud. My husband and I would love to help in some way. I think it would be a good idea to start researching in our area to see what other mistakes can be found.

Would be nice for us to be wheeling in the papers, rather than them....any ideas?
Quote 0 0
The Equitable One
There are a number of sources of information available already. Take a look at http://www.frauddigest.com/

Also a general google search under "assignment fraud" will turn up some good primers.

Quote 0 0
Margaret,

Check out ForeclosureHamlet.org.  They are the forefront for exposing this fraud.  There are many examples of the fraudulent assignments as well as other documents that have been filed in courts across the State of Florida.  Additionally, there is a database of the robo-signers.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...