Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

Hey Nye, Mindy need some advice suppose you had a fire in your house and you had the insurance and you did not want the mortagage company to know how do you keep them from finding out ??? What is the course of action if they find out ??? Can they stop the insurance company from fixing up the house ???? Can they keep the money and leave the house a mess??

Quote 0 0
Malibu there is an insurance industry standard that any lien holders would be notified of any fire claim filed by you the homeowner.

Generally once a claim decision for repair of damages are rendered the insurance company is responsible for notifying any lien holders of the claim and the determined amount by drafting the claim check on both of your names, the insured/homeowner and the mortgagor/lien holder/bank.

These are standard industry practices but there may be some variances that are affected by the type of homeowner coverage, and what has been damaged such as structural versus interior and personal property/contents.

Feel free to contact me regarding specific concerns, etc. I have had over 20yrs insurance experience and still dable in the field.
Quote 0 0
Anonymous

The instant you file a claim the servicer will be notified by the insurance company. Your policy will have them listed on the declarations.

Quote 0 0

Lady Di the fire was mostly contained in the one room but the whole house suffered smoke damage and water damage most of the damage was to personal property can the mortgage company claim any of that money for personal property???

Quote 0 0
Hi Malibu general insurance rules dictate that personal property and unattached contents are exempt from any lien holder noted on the property/home.

There may be some extenuating circumstances and also specifics to the residence state insurance laws that could allow a lien holder to be noted.

If the fire and water damage did not affect the structure the lien holder should not have any claim other than to get confirmation that the structure and it's interior walls, etc. are sound and repaired due to the lose.

I can be more specific, just drop me a note or post it here. Good Luck! 
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...