Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Can someone please offer up some advice on how to find a lawyer that understands Robo Signing, MERS, and something like a Zombie Foreclosure? I'm in CT, the house is in upstate NY - everyone I've spoken to either thinks I'm crazy (this is actually a TEXT BOOK case) or has not made me feel confident they actually KNOW what I'm talking about.

We're at a VERY critical point here and I really need a lawyer ASAP. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Quote 0 0
Len
Quote:
Can someone please offer up some advice on how to find a lawyer that understands Robo Signing, MERS, and something like a Zombie Foreclosure? I'm in CT, the house is in upstate NY - everyone I've spoken to either thinks I'm crazy (this is actually a TEXT BOOK case) or has not made me feel confident they actually KNOW what I'm talking about.

We're at a VERY critical point here and I really need a lawyer ASAP. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Maybe you ARE crazy! What is it that you think you are trying to prove in your "text book case"?? Can you identify some of the "text book cases" that have resulted in the outcome that you aspire to achieve?

There are a number of lawyers who have teamed up with the scam artists to victimize people like you. There are a handful of attorneys who are actually competent at foreclosure defense and these mostly know better than to use any of the vocabulary that you employ, all of which seems to have been adopted from the scam artists. There are a handful of really capable pro se litigants who often do far better than those represented by mediocre lawyers of questionable ability.

The surest and quickest way to lose your house is to employ an attorney promoted by the scam artists. Obtaining the representation of any capable attorney is likely to delay a foreclosure. If you hope to actually prevail and successfully resist foreclosure, then you are going to need to be reasonably bright and to devote an enormous amount of time to your case. If you are unemployed and have a lot of time on your hands, this can be good sport. If you are an idiot or quite busy, then this is probably impractical.

One of the first things you need to do is to develop a set of reasonable expectations. If your goal is to delay foreclosure, this is a very practical objective and you can likely succeed. If your goal is to remain in your house without paying off the mortgage, your chances are probably somewhat better in the New York Lottery. Paying $1 or $2 for a lottery ticket isn't necessarily such a bad bet. Paying $5,000 or $10,000 for a lottery ticket for a 1 in 2 million chance of a $250,000 payoff is a very bad bet.

If someone is telling you that you have better chances than that, they are either delusional or they are confederates of the scam artists!
Quote 0 0
Thanks for your reply Len...

As much as I appreciate your concern with regards to potentially being scammed, I will continue my search. I have been working on this case for just over a year...and unfortunately, I did NOT go to law school, so in an area of the country where process, crossing T's, and dotting I's can make or break a case in it's entirety, I would like to have an experienced lawyer draft the motions and make the appearances...just want someone who understands what I'm trying to prove and is able to think "outside of the box."

What I meant by "text book" is that virtually every aspect of this case has been described as "if your mortgage has this..." or "if your mortgage mentions this..."...MERS is a player, the loan was sold in a securities package back in 2005, robo signers (deposed robo signers) on each document, assignments filed after the fact (AFTER Ch 13 filed), Steven J Baum, Thomas P Strain, RAMP, separate page allonge with 4 different endorsements stamped and crossed out...same person listed on 3 different documents with 3 different positions/titles for 3 different banks...the list goes on and on...

...and thanks for reminding me why I DON'T play the lotto...I'm saving my $1's to take my chances with a lawyer...if I'm giving my money away, I have much better odds with the house...
Quote 0 0
Texas
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1908893
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...