Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

Hi, For anyone dealing with servicing fraud like I have, find a consumer lawyer in your area. That is how you fight back.

Quote 0 0
Joe B
Kim-

Agreed. Are you willing to share any other information on your fight? Perhaps what works, what doesn't, how your case is progressing, who the servicer is, etc.?

In other words, if you are having some success, the rest of us who are not, or are just starting, or who are having trouble, would love to know how best to go forward!!

Thanks in advance!

JB
Quote 0 0
Digger

Does anyone know of a law firm who has won more than two (2) Mortgage Servicing Fraud cases?  And if not, why not?

Quote 0 0
Nye Lavalle
Many actually, the only problem is they are caring, hard working, over worked, low paid do gooders called legal aid lawyers such as April Charney, the guys at Mountain States in West Virginia, Philly legal aid, Atlanta legal aid etc...
Quote 0 0
4 justice now
FYI:

Texas-based Hilliard & Munoz has been successful in a few multimillion dollar lawsuits, and currently represents about 100 people who are considering similar suits against Ocwen in Texas.

R,

4J
Quote 0 0
Digger - define "winning" an MSF case. Are you talking about actual court room, sworn under oath, before a judge and peers verdict? Or are you talking about a settlement whereby litigation stops and both entities go on their merry way never to speak of the incident again?

Personally, I would think that if there are that many "wins" there would be a lot more case law to cite. And if there are "wins" there should be fewer over worked, under paid attorneys because either legal fees would be awarded along with the verdicts or contingency agreements would be settled in lieu of legal fees. Getting a loan "re-written" for an MSF victim otherwise significantly damaged wouldn't go in the "W" column in my book...
Quote 0 0

4J, that would be the same Robert Hilliard that has been taking on the insurance companies for Katrina victims would it not?

Quote 0 0
me again
Mike Dillon wrote:
Digger - define "winning" an MSF case. Are you talking about actual court room, sworn under oath, before a judge and peers verdict? Or are you talking about a settlement whereby litigation stops and both entities go on their merry way never to speak of the incident again?

Personally, I would think that if there are that many "wins" there would be a lot more case law to cite. And if there are "wins" there should be fewer over worked, under paid attorneys because either legal fees would be awarded along with the verdicts or contingency agreements would be settled in lieu of legal fees. Getting a loan "re-written" for an MSF victim otherwise significantly damaged wouldn't go in the "W" column in my book...

The Philly Lawyer is wonderful, when we met him 3 yrs ago and I cryed in his office he was so mad for me. He does care and is thrilled with whats happening to the banks right now.
He has won and has moved his office to a really nice building in Philly.
But if part of "Winning" is you cant speak of it, then even your attorney cant offer it up as a case they helped.
Quote 0 0
Joe B
Me again-

That is what is so frustrating is that a few people who have had success, but are unable to share the plan (or blueprint), because of a non-disclosure agreement. This is absolutely maddening, because that's how these servicers keep their power-- they force each of us to fight as individuals, and we each have to start over, bumbling and stumbling each step of the way. Meanwhile, they get to see what tactics have worked, and which have not. They get to use this information on how to fight each of us, so we sort of get victimized again.

What we need is someone who has won, and who has a set of (fill in your own noun), and is willing to take the chance to lay it out for the rest of us. Once we get a few wins, and begin to publicize the plan, we can put them on the defensive, and cause them to actually CHANGE their business practices and victimization!!

It's a bit of a pipe dream, but...

Fighting the fight!!

JB
Quote 0 0
me again
Here is what to do.
Hire a great consumer law lawyer. There are lists of them here on the site.
Keep everything.

Then scream to everyone you can, Ive been to our sheriff, all local politicians, with my proof in hand.

You CC to the CEO of their parent company everything you do. I personally use the fax same delivery confirmation and they feel much more of an intrusion in their day

Within a week you'll be talking. Just be ready know what would make you feel right and what you want from them.

Quote 0 0
me again,
can you tell me the contact information of the philly lawyer?
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...