Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Has anyone heard of the debtor filing a proof of claim ON BEHALF of an entity that debtor listed on his schedules since that entity did not file a proof of claim?

Quote 0 0
Moose
Because the filing of the proof of claim requires it to be signed by the claimant under the penalties outlined on the form itself, the non-legal-advice answer to your question is "no."

In short, if you list a creditor and sign that it is, to the best of your knowledge, owed money by you, they will be notified by the court. Should they fail to timely reply and submit a proof of claim, they're going to be left out - UNLESS, you have misidentified them and they find out and move the court to accept a proof-of-claim and modify the plan.

There are companies that do nothing but scour bankruptcy filings to ensure creditors are properly identified and noticed. Other things like your credit report will show the filing and the credit bureau will report it to your open accounts.

You'll also find that the bankruptcy courts and trustees have the proper contact address/service address for almost every creditor they've ever mailed something to. So if you owe "American Bullwhip Company" a thousand dollars and you cleverly change just two letters and list it as "American Bulls**t Corp." at an address the trustee has never seen before, you may get an opportunity to fix it or face the penalty for signing it:

Quote:
I declare under penalty of perjury that I have read the foregoing summary and schedules, consisting of _____ sheets, and that they are true and correct to the best of my knowledge, information, and belief.

Moose

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...