Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
I recently purchased a book that gives numerous case studies, as well as a sample Auditor's Investigation Questionaire (on pages 172-179), for those of you who may wish to use that (or variations thereof) to demand information that you could have either a certified forensic auditor, and/or attorney to review.  It is called "Qualified Written Request, Complaint, Dispute of Debt, Validation of Debt Letter and TILA Request" that is sent to the lender demanding response, line by line.  It is extremely detailed.

The name of the book is called "Mortgage Wars" by Iris Martin. Should be able to get it at a Barnes and Noble, or Borders book stores. 

It has 14 different case studies that go in-depth, many of them I could actually "relate" to.  Check it out for yourself, and put a post to let me know what you think.
Quote 0 0
Stephen

Thank you for posting that!  Information is king in these turbulent times and you've evidently found a new source.

Quote 0 0
Rerun
http://ssgoldstar.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3533175&highlight=iris+martin
Quote 0 0
Rerun,

Thanks for the link.  I should have known better and searched this site before getting the book. 

However, there is still a wealth of information in the book with the actual case studies, as it could possibly help those that are pro se to associate different laws, codes, other case precedents, etc with the same violations as what is described in the case itself.  They could then research those laws/codes to ensure it is "for sure" the correct one for their situation.

As for Iris's "help" or assistance, I would not know if they would be of help or not.  There are so many out there, claiming to be "forensic mortgage auditors", that it is difficult to weed out the good from the bad (the ol' cliche:  finding a needle in a haystack).
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...