Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Ohio
I posted this last year and thought it might be worth mentioning again...

Those of you that have received their 2007 Mortgage Interest Statement from your lender/servicer check it over carefully...

This little slip of paper proved many things in my case.

1) Interest paid as reported by servicer was far less than actually paid by me.  This caused in inaccurate tax return for that year as I was not permitted to take advantage of deducting all interest I actually paid.

2) Principle paid as reported by servicer was far less than actually paid by me.  This created a false total of unpaid principle balance provided in the notice of acceleration and subsequent filings with the court.   

3) Late fees were also itemized in a lump sum and added to the amount of interest paid.  This caused me to report my deductions incorrectly to the IRS as the late fees were bogus.

That slip of paper proved without a doubt:

The payment of 12 months of late fees to themselves breached the note when these fees were clearly paid before all monies actually paid by me were properly applied per the terms of the note. This was further evidenced by the end of year escrow shortgage reflected in my escrow statement. $7,000.00 of my money was missing and unaccounted for in their system. (further discovery would reveal this money had been sitting in a suspense account for quite some time with no intention of being applied to anything but someones pocket at Well Fargo)

The threat of IRS involvement in this got their attention big time.

Hope this can help someone.

Quote 0 0

Thanks OH... I totally forgot about the 1098s... Definitely a good call to double check those.... I think I need to get in touch with the IRS myself before they get TOO busy for the year....

Quote 0 0
This is interesting; I have looked over mine and not paid any late fees over the years.... according to this document!

Was reading and reading :-)  and thought I would bring this back to the front; since it is almost D-Day for taxes......

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...