Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
JAX FL
Called EMC today to inquire on a "Corp Adv Activity" charge.  EMC said they are charging me to send someone by to check on my house to make sure it is in good condition.  I asked, "since I have to pay for this who are they sending to my house?  I got xfered from dept to dept only to be reminded that I am 2 months behind and of course my question could not be answered.  I reinded them that I work out of my house that I would like these folks to check in with me.  EMC responded that they wil not do that.  So I have to pay for a service that might not even be taken place.

What is available out there to go after these crooks.  Are there any reputable lawyers in the Jacksonvile area or anywhere that can deal with mortgage fraud?
Quote 0 0
Ohio
BPO fees in and of themselves are not unlawful if the note and mortgage documents allow for these inspection fees. Markups of the actual cost passed on to you...repeated, unnecessary occurrances....and a whole host of other things COULD be unlawful.

If you can bring your mortgage current...by all means do so as soon as possible before the avalanche you are about to be hit with can happen.

If you don't you will find that BPO's are just a whisper of what's lurking around the corner.

Good Luck!
Quote 0 0
Nye Lavalle
Send a RESPA QWR letter asking for:

What provision in my note or mortgage/deed allows a BPO charge;

Who is my investor that requested the BPO

Copies of the actual BPO reports

Copies of the invoices and cancelled checks for the BPO

See what happens next...
Quote 0 0
JAX FL

Thank You Nye for a push in the right direction.  I will get this out certified mail tommarrow.........

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...