Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Let's say John goes into a foreclosure hearing and loses.  A sheriff's auction date is set.

Now the servicer wants to work out a deal with John.  They say he has to put *X* amount of dollars towards the balance due to save his home.  The servicer tells John it is the amount that the foreclosure attorney charged.

Now John looked at the paperwork he got from the courts and the attorney's fees are not anywhere near what the servicer is asking.

John sees that the servicer is trying to double charge these fees.

What can John do???

thanks
Quote 0 0
Moose
Negotiate. There has to be some reason they don't want the property in their REO inventory. There could be any number of factors behind that.

Having said that and remembering this can't be legal advice, the servicer always pads something on top of the legal fees they actually pay. And then they negotiate a discount/kickback from the law firm to double dip you.

If you have the resources, time and know an attorney who can and will smack them around, (and really, really can afford to stay in the house) pay it and then file suit to recover the bogus amounts as misrepresentations.

Moose

Quote 0 0
Moose, you are such a smart guy!  But I feel that Larry wants to double-cross "John" on this deal.  Esp. since the auction is drawing very near.

I really feel the servicer is trying to do a little bait and switch since John hasn't seen any paperwork.  The servicer just wants him to send the money...

Quote 0 0
Wow!!!  Sounds like something the customer service folks at Litton would try to pull off!

S
Quote 0 0
The Equitable One

I figure, when dealing with these people, if it ain't in writing it ain't real. And even sometimes then.

Quote 0 0
Litton does do worse, they have PRE PAID for foreclosures! and have paid, in my case nearly 20,000.00 in "Legal referral fees", as well as for the lawyers they paid for two foreclosures!  Both of which were dismissed, yet at the sale and closing of my home LITTON Terrorists STOLE the money at closing!!!  My trial is set for August, My damages will be pale in comparison to what I release in information.  It will puncture the corporate Vail of protection and will enable prior victims to reopen their suits, and claims against Litton and its Officers and Directors, as well as previous Officers and Directors and Officers.

MGIC/RADIAN/CBASS all have will be exposed to legal liability for the actions they took and the ones they failed to take once they became aware that CBASS was an ongoing "Criminal Enterprise" and this is why, I beleive RADIAN and MGIC have not closed it or had it file chapter 11, they are waiting for the statue of limitations to run out would be my guess. 

Quote 0 0

gary's right about the statute of limitations bu the reason for double attorneys fees is there's 2 different loans to be foreclosed, ever notice when your loan was "transferred" you got a new loan number with the same origination date as the old one. Identity theft ladies & gentleman it's running ramped remember they have just been doing it longer.

Quote 0 0
it seems that there is something illegitimate here.. He should always depend on the legal documents that he has signed.. Go to a trusted lawyer ! 
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...