Don't believe the mortgage industry will skate 02/13 07:39:13
Below is a copy of a marketing piece for a conference, getting lawyers up to speed for suing the entire industry.
The lenders, the brokers, the wall street bankers, and the ratings agencies.
This will take years, but these guys won't skate.
Add to Cart
Mealey's Subprime-Backed Securities Litigation Conference
The Harvard Club, New York
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Conference Chaired by:
* David J. Grais, Grais & Ellsworth LLP, New York City
How you will benefit
* Master the concepts behind CDOs and other mortgage-backed securities
* Understand the problems relating to today’s structured finance and resulting credit crises
* Look inside the mortgage industry, its underwriting, risk analysis procedures and loan approval technology
* Get up-to-date on who is suing whom and the status of the recent wave of securities complaints
* Learn the key elements necessary for proving or disproving fraud and negligent misrepresentation
* Find out what to look for when it comes to disclosures, disclaimers and limitations on standing.
* Learn the role played by rating agencies, insurers and the feds
* Acquire the skills necessary to successfully prosecute or defend mortgage-backed securities suits