Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
AMC hater

Has anybody received a "courtesy" call from Ameriquest to remind you to accept the settlement?  I'm a named plaintiff on a class action and I didn't know if they were calling me to see if I was stupid enough to sign my rights away, or if they were calling everybody...

Quote 0 0

Ameriquest is contacting plaintiffs - and NAMED plaintiffs- directly? Ummm.... Couldn't that be considered tampering?

Quote 0 0

Did you get their name or number?
Quote 0 0
They have the list that shows who has signed off and who have opted out.

Who gave them permission to contact borrowers directly instead of
going through counsel?

If your lawyer/s did not, then they should know better than to contact
a borrower directly while stepping around their own counsel.

You could do nothing.

You could write a letter of complaint that you have been directly contacted
and urged to sign off on the settlement and request they advise them to stop calling you.

You could request your attorney to prepare an order for the judge to sign
that ASC stop calling borrowers directly for any reason.

If there are any more choices for you, I can't think of any right now.

Dee
Quote 0 0

NO THEY HAVE NOT CALLED, BUT I GOT A NOTICE FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL, TO RESPOND IF I WANT TO BE INCLUDED, DID NOT SEND BACK.

Quote 0 0

If absolutely nothing else, I would notify both your own attorney and class lead counsel of this. OF course, were it me, I'd also call "shenanigans" on them and inform the media and your state AG as well. But that's just me...

Quote 0 0
AMC Hater
I just checked and got another voicemail today; this person says she is from the AMC Multi state settlement adminstrators office.  She said the same thing as the message from yesterday and left a number.  I looked it up and it is the number from the settlement website.  I'm wondering if it was someone from the same office who called me yesterday but just said she was from Ameriquest?? 
I've been in class actions before and have never received a "courtesy call" to hurry up and send my form in. 
It's just weird!  Maybe I'll send my attorney a quick note and let them know about it.

Thanks for the input!

Quote 0 0

Save the VM or even better make a copy of it if you can. Play it for your attorney ASAP. Make a note of date and time that the call came in and from what number. Do this for any future messages as well. Then if you're really curious go do a "who is" search on the settlement site, see who owns it and document that as well.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...