Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
xynny
My parents just called me today and they were upset that Countrywide is screwing with their mortgage schedule.  They have a normal fixed 5.875% 30 year loan of around $200k and they have been paying regularly.  What happened is that they were prepaying, but Countrywide did not credit the prepayment correctly.  Their loan doesn't have a prepayment penalty so it shouldn't have mattered.  My parents are accountants so they figured this out.  Now Countrywide is refusing to fix their statement.  I then searched about this online and found this site.  It seems that what Countrywide is doing is mortgage servicing fraud.  Is there a way to sue them properly or is it not worthwhile?  Right now their statement's principal amount is off by about $4000, and I think that's pretty wrong. 
Quote 0 0
Welcome to our little social circle!

These people have become your parents newest and best friends.  Oh, what friends they will be too! And don't you know 4,000 is their lucky number  

Want to know more?  Of course you do.  Lots of great people and info here and on livinglies.

S
Quote 0 0
Stephen
Guaranty Bank did that to me.  They're setting them up for foreclosure.  And suing them is expensive and they (your parents) can actually be punished in court. 

Write the Federal Trade Commission.  They have a complaint form on line.  And they WILL kick Countrywide's butt. 
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...