Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Hi Everyone,

First of all, let me tell you this is one of the best sites I have come around in a long time.  I've learned so much since finding this site. 

Now, I have another dilemma that I need assistance with.  For the last year, I have called, emailed, overnighted letters, and hounded Countrywide Home Loans to do a forensic audit on my 1st and 2nd mortgages because I felt they contained errors in the documents and/or during origination of the loans.  Countrywide has pretty much ignored my requests and now I am facing a foreclosure filing sometime in the near future.

After learing about RESPA requests, I was able to receive a complete copy of my 1st mortgage loan closing documents (I closed in April 2004).  After review of the documents, I was surprised to learn that the following documents were not signed by me because the signature is completely different than mine:

Letter stating “the inquiries on my credit is due to looking for the best rate”. 
Request for Copy of Transcript of Tax Form
Truth In Lending Disclosure Statement
Good Faith Estimate
Good Faith Estimate of Closing Costs
Equal Credit Opportunity Act
The Housing Financial Discrimination Act of 1977.  Fair Lending Notice
Mortgage Loan Origination Agreement
Page 2 of Privacy Policy Disclosure
Notice to Applicant of Right to Receive Copy of Appraisal Report

My guess is the original loan broker I went too had to change these documents and signed my name to them without my knowledge.  What scares me is Ameriquest (who sold my loan to Countrywide) didn't even compare signatures before funding the loan!

ddI'II have made a complaint to Countrywide once again and they say they will look into it for me but I don't believe they will actually follow through on it.  Is there an agency I can call or write too seeking their assistance as well that will hold Countrywide accountable? 

PlePlease let me know.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

ThaThanks!

Quote 0 0
the American way is to file bankruptcy and ask the judge to order the forensic audit good luck
Quote 0 0
The Equitable One
You've come to a good place for information.

My first suggestion would be to file suit against them. Don't wait for them to do it against you. Dong this will likely put you in a much more powerful position. Attacking is stronger than defending.

I strongly suggest you obtain copies of the National Consumer Law Center publications on "Foreclosure" and also "Truth in Lending." I've mentioned these books a number of times. Much of what this site has to offer is laid out in detail, and in step by step kind of ways, in these books. They also have updates.

You will find a number of complaints already drawn up, as well as some answers, discovery, etc.

They aren't cheap, but not out of this world expensive either. Your local law library may have copies you can look at for free.

From the sound of your situation I expect you have plenty of grounds to sue.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...