Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Let's say that I receive MOD offer from "the bank's house"
and I plan to tell them a counter offer, saying that I can pay only
the half of they offered me...

Does this sounds viable?  how would react the bank?
(the know that I will fight all way long)
Quote 0 0
Bill
Quote:

Does this sounds viable?  how would react the bank?

You are certainly free to tell them what every you want.  They may be receptive or may not.  I have seen HAMP modifications that clearly state if you cannot make the offered payment to let them know. 

BUT....

1.  If you wanted to negotiate some kind of settlement/modification this is usually best left to an attorney.  They are familiar with negations.  Negotiating is an art.   

2.  I'm not sure ANYTHING from a Pro Se litigant will be taken seriously. 

3.  Do you have any real leverage?  Is there a reason to change any modification agreement made to you? 

Quote:
(the know that I will fight all way long)

4.  What makes you think they care if you are willing to fight?  We're again back to #1, #2 and #3.  If you have an attorney they will take any offers or the chance of an extended expensive litigation seriously.  I doubt that ANY attorney has ANY fear of going into a courtroom to face a Pro Se litigant (and MOST of the time this is found to be correct).  I also think that any reference to a threat of extended litigation by a Pro Se litigant will energize the Plaintiff and their attorney which could cause a very negative result.

To proceed as a Pro Se litigant you need to do hours of research learning the local rules, case law, how to draft pleadings, and if your REALLY lucky you will find someone that may be able to help you out some.  There is no way to "copy and paste" effective pleadings and be successfull.   Your first response will often show your sophistication and knowledge to the Plaintiff's attorney. 

ALWAYS TRY TO FIND AN ATTORNEY  

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...