Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Ed Cage
A Different Christmas Poem  

The embers glowed softly, and in their dim light,
I gazed round the room and I cherished the sight.
My wife was asleep, her head on my chest,
My daughter beside me, angelic in rest.

Outside the snow fell, a blanket of white,
Transforming the yard to a winter delight.
The sparkling lights in the tree I believe,
Completed the magic that was Christmas Eve.

My eyelids were heavy, my breathing was deep,
Secure and surrounded by love I would sleep.
In perfect contentment, or so it would seem,
So I slumbered, perhaps I started to dream.

The sound wasn't loud, and it wasn't too near,
But I opened my eyes when it tickled my ear.
Perhaps just a cough, I didn't quite know,
Then the sure sound of footsteps outside in the snow.

My soul gave a tremble, I struggled to hear,
And I crept to the door just to see who was near.
Standing out in the cold and the dark of the night,
 A lone figure stood, his face weary and tight.

A soldier, I puzzled, some twenty years old, 
a Marine, huddled here in the cold.
Alone in the dark, he looked up and smiled,
Standing watch over me, and my wife and my child.

'What are you doing?' I asked without fear,
'Come in this moment, it's freezing out here!
Put down your pack, brush the snow from your sleeve,
You should be at home on a cold Christmas Eve!'

For barely a moment I saw his eyes shift,
Away from the cold and the snow blown in drifts..
To the window that danced with a warm fire's light
Then he sighed and he said 'It's really all right,
 I'm out here by choice. I'm here every night.'

'It's my duty to stand at the front of the line,
That separates you from the darkest of times.
No one had to ask or beg or implore me,
I'm proud to stand here like my fathers before me.
My Gramps died at ' Pearl on a day in December,'
Then he sighed, 'That's a Christmas 'Gram always remembers.'

My dad stood his watch in the jungles of ' Nam ',
And now it is my turn and so, here I am.
I've not seen my own son in more than a while,
But my wife sends me pictures, he's sure got her smile.

Then he bent and he carefully pulled from his bag,
The red, white, and blue... an American flag.
I can live through the cold and the being alone,
Away from my family, my house and my home.

I can stand at my post through the rain and the sleet,
I can sleep in a foxhole with little to eat.
I can carry the weight of killing another,
Or lay down my life with my sister and brother..

Who stand at the front against any and all,
To ensure for all time that this flag will not fall.'
'So go back inside,' he said, 'harbor no fright,
Your family is waiting and I'll be all right.'

'But isn't there something I can do, at the least,
'Give you money,' I asked, 'or prepare you a feast?
It seems all too little for all that you've done,
For being away from your wife and your son.'

Then his eye welled a tear that held no regret,
"Just tell us you love us, and never forget.
To fight for our rights back at home while we're gone,
To stand your own watch, no matter how long.

For when we come home, either standing or dead,
To know you remember we fought and we bled.
Is payment enough, and with that we will trust,
That we mattered to you as you mattered to us."

v

Quote 0 0
Ed
Thank you for the reminder of our servicemen and all their  efforts on our country and  our behalf.

Our family is a third generation Marine family, and proud  of the service for our country.
Quote 0 0
Ed Cage

m sims said:

"Ed Thank you for the reminder of our servicemen and all their  efforts on our country and  our behalf. Our family is a third generation Marine family, and proud  of the service for our country."

Dear m sims:

I never miss a chance to say that I personally feel that the military/law enforcement and the ministry are the two most respected vocations there are. I was in the US Army from 1966-1969 (*Volunteered*) and served during Tet in Vietnam 1967-1968. As you are aware soldiers, especially in a combat zone really look forward to “mail call” (emails nowadays).  It’s a great moral booster when you hear from someone and by the same token a disheartening disappointment when your buddies receive mail and you don’t.

My family is extremely proud of my nephew (Marine Lance Corporal Mark Vierig) who is going back to Iraq for his second combat tour as a handler of bomb sniffing dogs.

I want to personally thank you and your third generation Marine family for your service to our great country..  Sims I’ll be honest, my eyes really watered up when I read the last few lines of the above Christmas Poem.. I knew I wanted to share it with the MSF group.

Thanks for your service, and Welcome Home Soldier!

Have a blessed Christmas.

Ed Cage  

Quote 0 0
Thanks Ed this should remind everyone of the great sacrifices many have made to ensure the safety and freedom of the nation.

It's sad that people won't fight to save our country with E-mails and phone calls
to protect our property and legal rights after the great sacrifices the service members have made.

We should be protecting the home front while they are on the battle lines, we should especially fight hard to protect the homes of serviceman on or just returning from active duty in violation of the soldiers and sailors act.

Quote 0 0
Thanks Ed.

Bob
Quote 0 0
mac
Thank you for this beautiful poem Ed, my son just graduated from basic training.  I am so thankful to be looking forward to his homecoming for Christmas and seeing him for the first time in his uniform!  This poem brought tears to my eyes,  I am so proud of him.  It will be the best Christmas ever.  I will cherish every moment with him and be eternally thankful to all of his brothers and sisters in arms for the sacrifices they make for our country.

Merry Christmas!!

Quote 0 0
4 justice now
Ed,

Thanks for the reminder. I work with these fine people almost every day, and their vocation is one of the last few that I trust at all these days. It's incredible how our government claims that it is working in their best interest, but then at the same time they hire a company such as Ocwen to "service" VA loans. 

Politicians... You just gotta to hate them. 

R,

4J
Quote 0 0
Ed Cage
Thanks Bob and Greg.

To Mac:
I know you are so proud of your son.. What branch of service is he in? 

Mac remember what I said above... Soldiers, especially those overseas LOVE to get mail or emails. Sometimes men and women in uniform feel unappreciated.. Somewhat forgotten.

On Christmas let him know you are *proud*
When I saw my Dad after coming back from VN, I'll always remember his first words, "I'm proud of you son" said my Dad..

Each of you have a good Christmas.

Ed Cage
Quote 0 0
Ed Cage
4 justice now said:
"Ed, Thanks for the reminder. I work with these fine people almost every day, and their vocation is one of the last few that I trust at all these days. It's incredible how our government claims that it is working in their best interest, but then at the same time they hire a company such as Ocwen to "service" VA loans. Politicians... You just gotta to hate them. "

God bless you and your family 4J
Mr Ed
Quote 0 0
compelled
Something compelled me to write this, and I really don't know why. But here it is.

I’ve been busy, making an outline of the fraud, and its many many pages long.

During the middle of it, I had to stop what I was doing, to see exactly what was in the envelope my husband brought in from the mailbox.

I opened the letter to find that we are going to have to pay $ 1,500.00 more than our normal monthly payment. This letter ALSO STATES, THAT THIS WILL BE OUR “NEW MONTHLY PAYMENT”

I am livid, I am outraged, and I am severely emotional right now, and I severely want JUSTICE to be served upon these THIEVES.

I cannot comprehend how they can take our normal monthly payment and raise it by $1,500.00 when it is a fixed standard loan.

My thoughts, were severe anger for what they have now done to my family at Christmas time, & after a while I calmed down enough to get back to my outline. So I sat there typing, but it wasn’t in the form of an outline any longer…….

It became the form of what I think should be sent to the SERVICERS.

I just decided a few minutes ago that this should be sent to EACH SERVICING COMPANY, as a BEAUTIFULLY, Decorated Christmas Card. With this inserted on the inside.

Here’s my Christmas card.

WHO IN THE HELL DO THEY THINK THEY ARE?

………………………………..................................But I have to stop and think for a moment, with tears filled in my eyes, and drizzling down my cheek for yet more suffering we have to endure from Mortgage Servicing Fraud……..

……………………………..God, I’m being so selfish! I have to remember all of the other families out there, the ones, that are living with no food on their dinning tables. The ones whose children will not receive a thing for Christmas. The ones who might be lucky enough , to have a new pair of socks waiting for them on Christmas morning.

I can only imagine the amount of tears streaming on the Mothers face, and how her soul has crumbled to the floor her disappointment in her husband, (not that she really feels this way, but his pain is echoed in her soul) and her disappointment in life, a life SHE never thought would be hers.

She‘s carrying the weight of her family‘s sorrows on her shoulders, and there is nothing she can do to make things better for any of them…….. Her soul has crumpled to the floor... & the father feeling like such a disappointment to his family, feeling worthless as a provider that he hasn’t provided enough, his mind is permanently etched with thoughts of failure, his pride is stripped, diminished and gone, wondering what he did, and where he went wrong. Their pain is real and I can feel it in my soul.

The pain they must be suffering right now, knowing that there will be no toys for their child/ren to enjoy. Both of them knowing their child’s heart will ache as much as theirs come Christmas morning. Knowing their child will feel so unloved, and worthless, because Santa didn’t love them, enough to stop by, and bring a toy or two. Oh, that poor little baby, who just doesn’t understand, he wont know why Santa wouldn’t bring him a new bicycle, and the beautiful little girl who wants a new doll house, and some dolls,.

No, they really won’t understand cause ya see, “SANTA makes the toys at the toy shop with his elves remember? They have all the toys! They have enough for everyone!”

But Santa didn’t come to see us is what they will think. Inside their little hearts they’ll feel worthless, & uncared about because SANTA didn’t’ come to see them. Santa didn’t love them, and care enough to bring a present to them.

The mother who just wants to slide down the wall, crawl into a hole with her family and die; When her son says to her, with pain filled in his little voice, quivering on the verge of tears

“Why didn’t SANTA come M-O-M_M_M_M_MM_M_M_Y_Y_Y_Y_????????“

“WHYYYYYYY ?……………………… WAS I bad Mom-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-my-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-?”

The precious little girl looking out the window, hoping quietly, that maybe Santa wasn’t finished yet. Maybe Santa was still on his way.  “Oh! LOOK Daddy LOOK, LOOK, There’s Sarah and she has new skates!”

"Santa’s Coming! Santa’s Coming!”

“S-A-N-T-A-’S, GONNA COME!”

And the father who sees his entire life flash before his eyes, with the pain, that just mutilated every part of his being. For the first time ever in his life, he felt as if he was going to faint. It was his soul escaping from his body, for a moment to escape the heart wrenching blow to his soul of watching his child suffer. Thoughts of self destruction enter into his mind, as all he can think of right now, is how his family is suffering, and there is nothing he can do to provide for them, when the Servicers have taken all of his money. It hits him in a flash, as his soul has been rejuvenated, and returned. And now He knows that HE MUST STAY STRONG,

He knows, that now he must be strong for his family for they are the ones who are having the TRULY VERY MERRY “PURE” CHRISTMAS.

For his family, has not conspired to bring pain, & suffering to others lives. His Christmas spent with his family is Pure, because there are no gifts bought with EVIL money sitting under his tree, ~INFECTING~ his home with GREED

His soul has been rejuvenated because he knows others will share with their children, gifts of love that evil has bought.

He knows his family is still pure, and that Jesus has chosen to be a part of his family, and others like him. He knows in his heart that others Who celebrate in the name of Jesus, have murdered the meaning with their evil ways. & he knows that their Christmas will not be so very Merry after all,

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS

Signed------- "The Blank, Blank family"

……………………….if you can  

-------------------end of Christmas card-------------------

All of us on this board, come from different financial “status’ “ Some of us are currently suffering from severe monthly extortion, & do not have enough money to buy a Christmas for our Children.

I know it must be so very painful.

But if the above Christmas card describes your life at this moment. I beg of you to please not feel this way, on Christmas. See, we all have pride, and pride gets in our way so very much, that it is sometimes truly hard for us to know when to ASK for a donation, or charity. It is also sometimes unbearable to be “given” anything out of the ordinary.

If the above card describes you, PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

PLEASE KNOW THAT IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT!

YOU HAVE BEEN EXTORTED FROM, THIS IS NOTHING YOU HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER, AND YOU FAMILY WILL ALWAYS NEED YOU!

SO PLEASE, don’t allow yourself and your family to feel this way, on Christmas morning, Please contact your local Salvation Army office, IMMEDIATELY to find out how you can get on the list to receive present for your children from the TOYS for TOTS program.

Call your local United Way, please go in search of the trillions of toys that are donated each year, for children, and families, suffering financial crisis.

Sacrificing our pride for toys for our children is 100’s Better, than to feel the way we would feel on Christmas morning.

If you are one of the posters who is not currently suffering from a loss, of monthly extortion, and IF and only IF you can bare the expense, Please donate a toy or two, to your local collection box.

No child should ever have to feel that way on Christmas morning, and No Parents have to feel that way, if they seek the free toys provided.

BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER…………… THIS WAS NOT YOUR FAULT!

And…………ALWAYS REMEMBER TO STAND PROUD, AND TALL, if you CELEBRATE Christmas, because he is there with YOU, and YOUR FAMILY.

Those “others” will never be so joyous!

God Bless

Quote 0 0
Moose
Try this:

http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/shortmovie.php

Moose
Quote 0 0
Ed Cage
God bless you and your family for posting this Moose:
http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/shortmovie.php

And may the Lord comfort and protect those soldiers who don't hear from anyone on Christmas Day.. It does happen.

MC&HNY,
Mr Ed
Quote 0 0
Ed Cage

Christmas Traditions Around the World

Christmas in Iraq

I the Christian homes an unusual ceremony is held in the courtyard of the home on Christmas Eve. One of the children in the family reads the story of the Nativity from an Arabic Bible. The other members of the family hold lighted candles, and as soon as the story has been read a bonfire is lit in one corner of the courtyard. The fire is made of dried thorns and the future of the house for the coming year depends upon the way the fire burns. If the thorns burn to ashes, the family will have good fortune. While the fire is burning, a psalm is sung. When the fire is reduced to ashes, everyone jumps over the ashes three times and makes a wish.

On Christmas day a similar bonfire is built in the church. While the fire burns the men of the congregation chant a hymn. Then there is a procession in which the officials of the church march behind the bishop, who carries an image of the infant Jesus upon a scarlet cushion. The long Christmas service always ends with the blessing of the people. The bishop reaches forth and touches a member of the congregation with his hand, putting his blessing upon him. That person touches the one next him, and so on, until all have received "the Touch of Peace."  

Quote 0 0
Ed Cage

Christmas in Germany

Christmas preparations often begin on the eve of December 6th. People often set aside special evenings for baking spiced cakes and cookies, and making gifts and decorations. Little dolls of fruit are traditional Christmas toys.

Children leave letters on their windowsills for Christkind, a winged figure dressed in white robes and a golden crown who distributes gifts. Sometimes the letters are decorated with glue and sprinkled with sugar to make them sparkle.

Germans make beautiful gingerbread houses and cookies. The German Christmas tree pastry, Christbaumgeback, is a white dough that can be molded into shapes and baked for tree decorations.

In parts of Germany, people believe that the Christ Child sends a messenger in Christmas Eve. He appears as an angel in a white robe and crown, bearing gifts. The angel is called Christkind. There is also a Christmas Eve figure called Weihnachtsmann or Christmas Man, he looks like Santa Claus and also brings gifts.

Some homes in Germany have several Christmas trees, and in all towns across Germany, they can be seen glittering and glowing.

In Germany they hang up advent wreaths of Holly with four red candles in the center. They light one candle each Sunday and last on Christmas Eve. Children count the days until Christmas using an Advent calendar. They open one window each day and find a Christmas picture inside.

In Germany the traditional visitor is the Christkindl who is the Christ Child's messenger. She is a beautiful fair-haired girl with a shining crown of candles who visits each house with a basket of presents.

In some homes a room is locked up before Christmas. On Christmas Eve the children go to bed but are woken up at midnight by their parents and taken down to the locked room. The door is opened and they see the tree all lit up, with piles of parcels on little tables.

In Germany boys dress up as kings and carry a star round the village, singing Christmas carols.

1. Christmas preparations start before Dec. 1st,
       2. December 6 is Nikolaustag, St. Claus day, you leave out a shoe or boot outside   the door Dec.5 and the next morning you find presents (if you were a good kid) or a rod (if you were bad)
       3. The Adventskranz (advent wreath) is not hung up but placed on a table lying flat, how could you light the candles otherwise...
       4. Catholic boys and girls dress up as kings for three kings day (Jan. 6) they sing carols and collect money for donations to different projects

Quote 0 0
~beenawhile
very pretty.
Thank you
Quote 0 0
Ed Cage

CHRISTMAS in MEXICO 

Christmas for Mexicans, in traditional homes and rural areas, is a religious holiday.It is a celebration of the Nativity. This means the birthday of Our Lord Jesus. In order to prepare for the day of symbolic commemoration, we have the "Posadas". These celebrations are a "Novena" or nine days before the 24 which is the "Noche Buena" or "Holy Night".

These Posadas are an enactment of looking for lodging of St. Joseph and Virgin Mary, called The Pilgrims going to Bethlehem for the Census according to the Scriptures. In Spanish we called them: "Los Peregrinos, San José y la Virgen María". Each family in a neighborhood, will schedule a night for the Posada to be held at their home, starting on the 16th of December and finishing on the 24th on Noche Buena.

Every home will have a Nativity scene. The hosts of the home are the innkeepers, and the neighborhood children and adults are Los Peregrinos, who have to request lodging through singing a simple chant. All carry small lit candles in their hands and four teenagers of about the same height are chosen to carry Los Peregrinos, which are two small statues of St. Joseph leading a donkey, which Virgen Mary is riding sidesaddle. The head of the procession will have a candle inside of a paper lamp shade that looks like an accordion but open at the top and it is called a "Farolito" or little lantern.

The Peregrinos will ask for lodging in three different houses but only the third one will allow them in. That will be the house that is supposed to have the Posada for that evening. Once the innkeepers let them in, the group of guests comes into the home and kneels around the Nativity scene to pray the Rosary. The Rosary is a traditional Catholic prayer, which consists of the following prayers: 50 Hail Mary, 5 Our Father , 5 Glory and the Litany, which is a series of Praises for the Virgin Mary, plus singing traditional songs like Holy Night in Spanish of course!

After all the prayer is done, then it comes the party for the children. There will be a Piñata, (pronounce Pignata, for it has an ñ instead of an n), filled with peanuts in the shell, oranges, tangerines, sugar canes, and seldom wrapped hard candy. Of course, there will be other types of chants the children will sing while the child in turn is trying to break the Piñata with a stick while he/she will be blindfolded.

Although the Piñata was originally from Italy, it has become a Mexican tradition for celebrations where there are children involved. The Piñata was made out of a clay pot and decorated with crepe paper in different colors. Today's piñatas are made out of cardboard and paper mache techniques and decorated with crepe paper. This change was made to prevent the children from cutting their hands when going for the fruit and candy when the Piñata was broken and the clay piece would become a hazard. They have all kinds of designs besides the traditional star.

For the adults there is always "Ponche con Piquete"(sting), which is a hot beverage or "Punch" made out of seasonal fruits and cinnamon sticks, with a shot of alcoholic spririt. A good substitute here in Ohio is hot apple cider with fruits, without the "spirits".

On Noche Buena, December 24, everybody goes to Misa de Noche Buena which is at midnight. After the Mass, everyone goes to their respective homes to have dinner with family and any friend who does not have a family is always welcome to be part of a family celebration, and most important of all to place the Baby Jesus in the manger in the Nativity scene.

The presents are not received on Christmas, for Christmas is a celebration of Life of Our Savior.

Quote 0 0
Ed Cage

Christmas in Spain

Spain has a very festive time at Christmas. On Christmas Eve, as the stars come out, tiny oil lamps are lit in every house, and after Midnight Mass and Christmas Dinner, streets fill with dancers and onlookers. There is a special Christmas dance called the Jota and the words and music have been handed down for hundreds of years. They dance to the sound of guitars and castanets.

Children think of the Three Wise Man as the gift bearers. Tradition has it that they arrive on January 6th, the date the Wise Men gave gifts to Jesus.

Shoes are filled with straw or barley for the tired camels that must carry their riders through the busy night. By morning the camel food is gone and in place of the straw or barley are presents. Shoes also may be placed on balconies on the night of the 6th January in the hope that the Wise Men will fill them with gifts.

Most homes have a manger, like cathedrals and churches. These are complete with carved figures.

During the weeks before Christmas, families gather around their manger to sing, whilst children play tambourines and dance.

The Spanish especially honor the cow at Christmas because it is thought that when Mary gave birth to Jesus the cow in the stable breathed on the Baby Jesus to keep him warm.

Christmas is a deeply religious holiday in Spain. The country's patron saint is the Virgin Mary and the Christmas season officially begins December 8, the feast of the Immaculate Conception. It is celebrated each year in front of the great Gothic cathedral in Seville with a ceremony called los Seises or the "dance of six." Oddly, the elaborate ritual dance is now performed by not six but ten elaborately costumed boys. It is a series of precise movements and gestures and is said to be quite moving and beautiful.

Christmas Eve is known as Nochebuena or "the Good Night." It is a time for family members to gather together to rejoice and feast around the Nativity scenes that are present in nearly every home. A traditional Christmas treat is turron, a kind of almond candy.

December 28 is the feast of the Holy Innocents. Young boys of a town or village light bonfires and one of them acts as the mayor who orders townspeople to perform civic chores such as sweeping the streets. Refusal to comply results in fines which are used to pay for the celebration.

The children of Spain receive gifts on the feast of the Epiphany. The Magi are particularly revered in Spain. It is believed that they travel through the countryside reenacting their journey to Bethlehem every year at this time. Children leave their shoes on the windowsills and fill them with straw, carrots, and barley or the horses of the Wise Men. Their favorite is Balthazar who rides a donkey and is the one believed to leave the gifts.

The Spanish Christmas is Navidad, people go to church, exchange presents, and many play on swing sets set up especially for the occasion. Swinging at solstice time evokes an ancient desire to encourage the sun, urging it to "swing" ever higher in the sky.

Quote 0 0
Ed Cage

Christmas Traditions around the World  

Christmas in a New Zealand PRISON

Christmas can be a trying period for prisoners and their friends and family. The Department of Corrections is committed to providing prisoners with a safe, secure and humane environment and ensuring that Christmas Day is marked in an appropriate manner.

Christmas Menu
The Christmas Day menu is the same across all 20 New Zealand’s public prisons and the menu for the day costs about $4 per prisoner.

Lunch, the main meal of the day, will usually consist of a serving of vegetables, meat and a dessert. Dinner is cold meats and salads. A vegetarian option is also available.

The Christmas meal is a do-it-yourself affair with prisoners doing the preparing and cooking of Christmas Day meals. Prisoners working in prison kitchens will prepare around 18,000 meals for the day.

Many people have the impression the Christmas Day meal for prisoners is extravagant. However while it meets basic nutritional requirements, it is not lavish.

Other facts about Christmas in Prison
Typically, prisoners spend the day engaged in recreational activities such as sports. Participation in such events is dependent on prisoners’ security classification and behavior.

Those wanting to, can attend church services within the prison on Christmas Day. The services are multi-denominational and are led by the Prison Chaplain.

Prisoners are allowed to spend up to $60 a week on items from a local shop that sells Christmas cards or gifts. PARS, the Prisoners’ Aid and Rehabilitation Society, may also shop on behalf of prisoners wanting to buy gifts for their families and friends.

Prisoners may receive approved gifts from friends and family, however all items are subject to normal security processes to prevent contraband entering the prison

Prisoners’ children may receive presents through the Angel Tree Programme operated at most New Zealand prisons by Prison Fellowship New Zealand.

Quote 0 0
Ed Cage
I received this beauty from one of my very favorite MSF posters
with whom I privately communicate.
Submitted by
Ed Cage / ecagetx@tx.rr.com / 972-596-4363                                        

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22265526

Quote 0 0
Babs

Christmas in Germany

This is my personal input to this theme. Christmas time would start on December 1st with the opening of the first door of the Advent or Christmas calendar. This calendar would have 24 small windows on the face, that when opened revealed various Christmas symbols and themes holding small candy or chocolate. These windows or small doors were to be opened, one each day over the span of 4 days leading up to Heiligabend or Christmas Eve. The largest window was reserved for December 24th.

On the evening of December 5th we were “shining” a boot and left it in the living room. The next morning it was filled with candy and a small present. German tradition is to open the presents on Christmas Eve, December 24th. That is the day when my dad put up the Christmas tree. He always had a real tree and spends hours decorating it. We were not allowed to enter the living room until dinner time.

Dinner on Christmas Eve was special just like the meal on Christmas Day which of course varies by region. After dinner on Christmas Eve we opened the presents and after that we went downtown to the church. I grew up in Thuringia, southern Germany just north of Bavaria. My mom always prepared a goose, Thuringia potato dumplings and red cabbage – very delicious.

The Christmas decoration was very simple. We would have our Advent Wreath – Adventskranz and the Christmas pyramids – Weihnachtspyramiden displayed. There were no outside decorations in the yards or trees. Still, it was always a special time and I didn’t know a different way until I came to the States.

Quote 0 0
Ed Cage

Thanks Babs.. Obviously you know what you are talking about when it comes to Germany.

Christmas

in

ALASKA

Most Alaskan Christians celebrate Christmas on December 25th, just as people do in the continent of the US. Santa Claus may arrive for a pre-Christmas visit, but, food, gift giving, and decorations are like what you might see in Texas or Wisconsin.

The songs sang at each home include Aleut words Gristuusaaq suu'uq, or Christ is born. Everyone joins in the closing words, Mnogaya leta, or god grant you many years. At the end of the carols the host provides carolers with maple-frosted doughnuts, cookies, candy, piruk, or fish pie, and sometimes smoked salmon.

In Alaska children wander from house to house carrying a colored star on a long pole, and singing carols.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...