Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Phatchick
I completed a modification with Chase Bank and was required to make 3 monthly mortgage payments. I did all that and received a letter from Chase bank stating "congratulations the modification was approved". I called my rep, Tara Williams and she said the paperwork would be sent for my signatures in 4-6 weeks with all my new payment information as well as my new paperwork. 4 weeks later I received a letter stating my house was going to be sold on 2/4/14 by the county!!!!!!!!WTF!!?!?!?!?!?!? I immediately called Chase and Tara Williams has never called me back. I finally spoke to another rep there who was shocked at my file. He told me the paperwork was Fed'ex'd to me on 10/31 and came back on 11/14 as undeliverable. He could not believe that my rep never called me to stay in touch regarding the paperwork as is the custom. When the paperwork was returned, my rep Tara Williams noted in my account I refused the modification and closed my file. WHAT!?!?!? Why would I pay $10K in payments if I did not want to do the modification??????? I called several times and finally my file has been sent to the escalation desk. The rep apologized and said he cannot understand why Tara Williams has not called me in the past week (since I have been calling) because he has left her several messages to call me. There is no guarantee any of this will be fixed before the sale date. I was told today only the escalation department can change the date and there is no guarantees they can help in time. HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN????????????
Quote 0 0
mar7
what state are you located in?
Quote 0 0
iknow
This is actually very common.  You can find cases like yours regarding modifications, HAMP modifications, forbearance, ect..  They take the money and find a way to disapprove you.  The bottom line is the Servicer keeps stringing along the homeowner with false hope until the house is sold and pulls the rug out from under you. 

An example would be, they send you the notice that they are going to sell your house (non-judicial).  You call and they tell you not to worry about the date or the notice, they are working on a modification and you will be able to keep your home.  You may or may not make a few payments, but right before the sale date, the regretfully inform you that you aren't approved and your house is going to be sold. 

It appears in your case, they are still stringing you along (now waiting on the escalation department) hoping you don't take any action.  The Servicers make much more money with their fees for conducting a foreclosure/sale than they do with a modification.  The important thing now is the WHAT not the WHY.  WHAT are you going to do, why you don't have a modification is not really quite as important.  Your home is going to be sold.  You really need to talk to an attorney quickly to stop the sale. 

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."

-Mae West
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...