Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

Are banks turning occupied homes into abandoned eyesores?

Updated: April 7, 2008 06:13 PM EDT

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - - Are banks turning occupied homes into abandoned eyesores? Call 4 Action's Al Vaughters reports the City of Buffalo is cracking down on the financial institutions.

Not long ago, people were living in this house, keeping it up, cutting the grass, trying to keep it clean. But they fell behind on the mortgage, the bank foreclosed and told them to get out.

But now, years later, bank officials say they don't want the house anymore and are asking a judge to "un-foreclosure" this property. And because the bank never took title to the property, the former homeowner, who the bank threw out years ago, is still the owner, still responsible for repairs and upkeep.

And it can happen, even when homeowners put all their heart and money in home improvements. So the City of Buffalo is suing 37 banks, to force them to take title, when they throw homeowners out on the street or work with the owners and the city to slow down the blight.

Story by Al Vaughters (WIVB)
http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=8130832
Quote 0 0
Digger
WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE!

Years later, the bank says they do not want the house anymore and the bank is asking a judge to UN-FORECLOSE on the property.

Quote 0 0
WTF is unforeclosure?

I've never heard that one before.

I'm watching and plan on tracking down the right person in Niagara Falls
to get in on this if possible.

We have a line a mile long to bulldoze abandoned houses.

I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Dee
Quote 0 0
H. Gosh

Well, its simple.  If a structure is declared uninhabitable, or unsafe, the government is responsible for removing the unsafe structure.  HOWEVER, the owner of record will be charged for the demolition.  Therefore, if the banks can coin a new term "unforeclosure", guess who will get screwed again!!!  Now, we not only have to watch out for fraudulent foreclosure, we have to watch for fraudulent "unforeclosure"

Quote 0 0
Let's say these people went through foreclosure and the eviction process
and the house has been empty, oh let's say 2 years.

Gangs and thugs that turn a house into a crack house.

The house is damaged.

Why wouldn't a borrower sue them for negligence? 

Would a judge unforeclose?  LOL...my head is spinning.  What would I do
if that happened to me?  I'm not sure but I am taking out my legal pad
to jot down a few questions.

Like, How much will you pay me to take this dump off your hands?

Dee

Quote 0 0
O -

LOL  Whats next?

Quote 0 0
JAX FL

I'm heading to Cuba......

Quote 0 0
Youtube link
video
Added: 4 days ago
Views: 117

4 ratings
Quote 0 0
JAX Fl

Is there anyway we the home owners can request the note in order to see where these mortgage services stand?

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...