Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Can someone tell what to do

Sept 9th - I contacted BofA to find out/ get a statement as to what I owe.

Sept 21 -  I received a notice from BofA - "We are in the process of obtaining the documentation and information necessary to address your questions and comcerns. We will provide a more complete response within (20) business days" - this notice was date stamped  September 17

Sept 24 - I received the supposed calculations - some 6,000 - 7,000 which included atty bull fees some 3000 plus - this letter was date stamped Sept 14th - some 10 days after it was received and the previous letter above shows that something it truly amiss AS - THE DUE DATE TO PAY WAS SEPT 23.

Since I knew I was being set-up - I took my time.

Sept 29 - I arrived at a local office and they called the foreclosure dept and confirmed that I can still pay the amount calculated and I was told that I could mail the check in.

Since I do not have a checking account with BofA I had to get a Certified check and could not do it until Oct 1.

Oct 1 - I mailed out the Certifed Check

Oct 20- I received a notice and they returned my check and are trying to extort more money from me "Please note that additional funds may become past due until your account is brought fully account" - here comes the good part:

1. Their letter states - had my check since Oct 5th
2. Their letter is dated - October 13
3. The envelope is Pitney/Bowes metered AS OCT 14 - but was not mailed until days later since I did not get this letter aka the extortion until TODAY WEDNESDAY OCT 20
4. THEY HAVE NOT SENT ME ANY LETTER INFORMING ME WHAT THE NEW EXTORTION AMOUNT IS.

5. SO NOW I AM ANOTHER MONTH DUE/LATE

ental agencies do I need to contact. It is unfair that I now need to spend money on attys to settle this.

FYI -
I have been not been able to make payment for a few months
My last payment before the forelosure - May 2010 - and it was not processed, I did make copy of it. I have not gotten this suuposed lost check back in the mail and I think they did not process on purpose.

I fianlly came into some money and on Sept 9th I called as mentioned above so I could settle this.

Quote 0 0
anon
send it western union quick collect and see if they send it back then. they tend not to. Very rare for the bank to send back cash since they want it so much.

my attorney told me that I could have continued to pay despite the fact that they filed lis pendens. (i was told this two years later so was not helpful.)

Quote 0 0
anon

make a complaint to your states dept of financial regulation and AG. Complain, complain, complain.

Quote 0 0
Sergio
You are being set up and I hope this exact issue is being investigated by the FBI.  They are trying to extort money from you that you do not owe.

Keep pushing them.  Remember, if you send a payment and they refuse it, it, and any fees or late charges are forgiven under the Uniform Commercial Code, Art. 3. (I think that is the correct section.)

Write them again and demand an 'itemized' accounting for every penny they are claiming you owe.
Quote 0 0
Claudia

claudia wrote:
Can someone tell what to do

Sept 9th - I contacted BofA to find out/ get a statement as to what I owe.

Sept 21 -  I received a notice from BofA - "We are in the process of obtaining the documentation and information necessary to address your questions and comcerns. We will provide a more complete response within (20) business days" - this notice was date stamped  September 17

Sept 24 - I received the supposed calculations - some 6,000 - 7,000 which included atty bull fees some 3000 plus - this letter was date stamped Sept 14th - some 10 days after it was received and the previous letter above shows that something it truly amiss AS - THE DUE DATE TO PAY WAS SEPT 23.

Since I knew I was being set-up - I took my time.

Sept 29 - I arrived at a local office and they called the foreclosure dept and confirmed that I can still pay the amount calculated and I was told that I could mail the check in.

Since I do not have a checking account with BofA I had to get a Certified check and could not do it until Oct 1.

Oct 1 - I mailed out the Certifed Check

Oct 20- I received a notice and they returned my check and are trying to extort more money from me "Please note that additional funds may become past due until your account is brought fully account" - here comes the good part:

1. Their letter states - had my check since Oct 5th
2. Their letter is dated - October 13
3. The envelope is Pitney/Bowes metered AS OCT 14 - but was not mailed until days later since I did not get this letter aka the extortion until TODAY WEDNESDAY OCT 20
4. THEY HAVE NOT SENT ME ANY LETTER INFORMING ME WHAT THE NEW EXTORTION AMOUNT IS.

5. SO NOW I AM ANOTHER MONTH DUE/LATE

ental agencies do I need to contact. It is unfair that I now need to spend money on attys to settle this.

FYI -
I have been not been able to make payment for a few months
My last payment before the forelosure - May 2010 - and it was not processed, I did make copy of it. I have not gotten this suuposed lost check back in the mail and I think they did not process on purpose.

I fianlly came into some money and on Sept 9th I called as mentioned above so I could settle this.

In additon to what hasd happened -

I did go to my bank that issued the Certified Check - they are astounded that BofA refused to check, they said the check is still good, and the check that was returned - has stamped initials on the front and some numbers and letter stamped on the back, as if they were going to process the check and then changed their minds.

When I submitted the check, I included a handwritten message (my printer broke). I made copies - in This message I included what tranpsired at the local branch on Sept 29th letting them know though the letter that was sent with a deadline payment date of Sept 23, not received until Sept 24, did mention that their date of letter was quite misleading (Sept 14 - when in fact their acknowledgment letter was dated Sept 17 - and and and whatever - a Sept 14 letter with a deadline payment date of Sept 23 was criminal), I included the fact that the foreclosure dept on SEPT 29 - acknowledge that the payment quoted on the letter still stands and that I could mail the check. I was also informed that I could make payments such as - the true actually mortgage fees and that if I did not pay the full amount in full (included all inflated legal fees etc...) those would be charged per 100 X's my interest rate. SO the loan officer at the bank advised that I pay the entire amount.

THIS NEGATES THE FACT/REASON WHY THEY WOULD NOT ACCEPT MY CHECK. EVEN THE LETTER I GOT STATED I DID NOT HAVE TO PAY THE FULL AMOUNT UP FRONT -- but I paid the full amount the was quoted - So I dont understand why this was not PROCESSED.

YES I AM BEING SET UP.

Oct 21 - I went to the BofA Branch and spoke to Bank Manager Ray. I told him the whole story, I showed him all of my documentation, He himself could not believe this, He have me a local BofA office that was newely set-up for situtions like mine - he said this office does not take in walk-in an appt had to be set up. I called that number - I was told a Deena would call me back and make an appt. 2 hours later a Deena called me back - was rude as hell, would not let me finish - my third sentence and stated "I am not customer service, what do you think I am" -- I stated "the Bank Manager at my bank told me.. SHE INTERRUPTED AGAIN. "Well he is wrong he should not have given you this number" WELL I LOST IT

Oct 21 - I called my local BofA and told BanK Manager everything and that I would be in your bank within 5  minutes. Well he starts emailing the head a**hole at the number to which Deena works at. They started telling me I would have to pay more since the DEADLINE DATE WAS FOR SEPT 23.
I said wait one minute -
1. If the letter was mailed legally so that I cold get this letter and make the DEADLINE DATE - I would have paid it on time
2. I have letters from BofA showing this letter's date is ficiticious
3. I was in this branch in person and this dollar amount was confirmed at stll be the correct dollar amount and besides - Yes you RAY HAVE CONFIRMED THAT THIS HAPPENED AND YOU BOTH HAVE CONFIRMED THAT THESE CALLS FROM YOUR BANK TO THE FORECLOSURE HAPPENED AS YOU DID A SEARCH OF YOUR RECORDS.

I called around to some Law Firms - IT SEEMS ATTYS HAVE BOFA CLIWNTS WITH THE SAME ISSUES
Quote 0 0
anon

its a well known setup. Around for years. Send them a western union payment and see if they return it. not! Not right now.

Quote 0 0
I just spoke to the atty I might be using, I will be having my free consult next week. He stated I should still send in my monthly payments eventhough they will not process these payments.

IF ANYONE ELSE IS HAVING SIMILAR PROBLEMS PLEASE
1. EMAIL ME THRU THIS SITE
2. PLEASE DO NOT STOP MAKING YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENTS, BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T THEY PROBABLY CAN USE THIS AGAINST YOU, BESIDES THIS IS A GOOD WAY TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS.

WHAT I AM GOING TO DO, I AM GOING TO SET UP A SPECIAL ACCOUNT JUST FOR THIS, AND EVERY TIME I SEND A CHECK I WILL PUT INTO THE SPECIAL ACCOUNT. 
Quote 0 0
anon

western union baby. Those receipts are priceless. we done been there.

Quote 0 0
anon wrote:

western union baby. Those receipts are priceless. we done been there.

Regardless of how I paid - they rejected my payment.

BofA did not give me A Western Union option - HUMMMM I wonder if this if this was another attempt to SET ME UP. I bet they were dumbfounded that I had the FULL DOLLAR AMOUNT, I bet they thought I could only afford a certain dollar amount and they probably wanted to milk this even further. They did not realize that I just sold some property in the Carribbean - property that took years due to complications and some very dishonest Bahamian attys. AND since I came up with the full dollar amount AND since I did not use an atty - THESE shysters are trying to set me up.

They returned by check, they gave me 2 options to pay, none of which was Western Union. They wanted either an overnighted check or check my mail. In any case the letter that was sent to me did not mention Western Union. I had to follow the instruction via the letter.

I followed their instructions.

When I was at the local branch - NO one stated westen union as stated in the letter.

I bet if I sent via Westen Union - that money would be held up somewhere or RETURNED.

Quote 0 0
anon

they won't do that. Take your payment in cash, go to western union and ask them how to send a payment quick collect. Lots of people do that. I did when countrywide was screwing with me. I don't why they do it. It made no sense at the time. Chances are good they won't return it.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...