Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
TD
I have been a reader of this board for years. I've been fighting a foreclosure for more than half a decade and I come across this website and a few others that regularly posted cases and updates. I found strategies and support - something obviously needed during a terrible time.

In the last year or so this board has been nothing but bickering and considerable rudeness towards those who come here to ask questions. The comments provide nothing of immediate value and instead disrespect and degrade the patron who asks them a question. A prime example is a recent thread where someone asked about robo-signing. The reply was nothing but snark telling them to move on and not focus on the issue unless they were an idiot. They only asked a simple question, they didn't need that kind of reply. 

This board needs a swift change of hands to curtail the way posters on here act. I'm almost inclined to believe this board is now nothing but a bunch of foreclosure mill lawyers or foreclosure scam attorneys looking to milk clients. This wasn't the case years ago, but I guess they finally caught on.

It is quite a shame that what was once a valuable resource is now a horde of lies and deceit. 
Quote 0 0
Ira
Quote:
In the last year or so this board has been nothing but bickering and considerable rudeness towards those who come here to ask questions. The comments provide nothing of immediate value and instead disrespect and degrade the patron who asks them a question. A prime example is a recent thread where someone asked about robo-signing. The reply was nothing but snark telling them to move on and not focus on the issue unless they were an idiot. They only asked a simple question, they didn't need that kind of reply.

This board needs a swift change of hands to curtail the way posters on here act. I'm almost inclined to believe this board is now nothing but a bunch of foreclosure mill lawyers or foreclosure scam attorneys looking to milk clients. This wasn't the case years ago, but I guess they finally caught on.

It is quite a shame that what was once a valuable resource is now a horde of lies and deceit.


The operators of these purported foreclosure defense sites now earn thousands of dollars in commissions by helping to steer new victims into the scams.

Mr. Roper was a real angel to help distressed borrowers here at the Forum, but when he began to attack and expose the scams, he became a target. The site administrator removed Mr. Roper's expository posts and he left the Forum in disgust.

When others also began to take up the issue of the scams, they too were hounded and many apparently were banned from the site.

Everyone is totally disgusted that scam artists like Mike H. are allowed to continue to victimize distressed borrowers. He reappears using various new aliases and brings cheerleaders of the swindlers, like Sharon, along to help destroy the value of this site. Everyone is really sick of Mike H. When people are volunteering and donating their time to help others, they are rightfully angry when they see scam artists continue to victimizze and profit from those who appear at the Forum looking for help.
Quote 0 0
Susan
I have to say I am in agreement with OP. 

We are dealing with our own foreclosure, trial mod payments, etc with BoA (countrywide).  Our story is long and complicated, filled with the usual like job loss, fraud, robosigning, lies, promises, delays, etc.  I was researching and came upon this forum but was quickly unimpressed by the blatant nastiness of the answers I saw.

Each person who posts a simple question is immediately belittled.  Not sure why that is; if you are all truly homeowners you should have a feeling of solidarity that we are all in this mess together.  I'm sure someone will post a mean comment to this post too, but whatever, I won't be back to see it.  I've found many forums (NOT loansafe) that have been helpful.

If you are trying to build a community this is not the way to do it.
Quote 0 0
Aaron
Quote:
Each person who posts a simple question is immediately belittled. Not sure why that is; if you are all truly homeowners you should have a feeling of solidarity that we are all in this mess together. I'm sure someone will post a mean comment to this post too, but whatever, I won't be back to see it. I've found many forums (NOT loansafe) that have been helpful.


A lot of the posts at this site are not actually by new visitors, but instead by scam artists who create new topics for the express purpose of drawing in new victims. The seniors at this Forum can sometimes instantly recognize these posts by the shills working for the swindlers and are often hostile when these shills initiate new threads under various guises. The responses are hostile for a reason. When new borrowers visit the message board, they are treated with great respect and politeness. Unfortunately, a lot of participants have left due to the administrator deleting the useful posts while leaving up the garbage posted by the scam artists. As a result of these departures, there seem to be more new threads started by the shills than by actual new visitors.

The server logs show when a shill is making a post under a new handle. The administrator tries to conceal this, but several of the seniors have access to the server logs and can tell when Mike H. or Sharon repost under a new guise.
Quote 0 0
FlaProSe
I agree with you TD. Most of the disparaging comments come from Roper worshippers.
I am inclined to believe that Mr. Roper is trying to sabotage this site. Reading this forum one is left with the impression that Mr. Roper is God sent to man kind.
It is unfortunate. There are too many desperate homeowners out there seeking genuine help.
Quote 0 0
Melvin
Over the years, there have been a lot of questions posed and answered, some very ably by people with exceptional understnading. Most of the false information and myths have been repeatedly refuted.

When people reappear at the Forum and post the same disinformation and myths over and over again and persist in re-posting legally erronous information even when it has been shown that they are wrong, one begins to question motives.

One possibility is that there is a large number of people with extreme psychiatric problems. Perhaps these people are in such denial that they are delusional and simply reject any rathional explanation and insist on denying reality.

But usually, even such delusional people drift off into other interests. The ability of these people to remain focused, devoting such great energy to spreading disinformation is suggestive that the other possibility is more reasonable.

That is the possibility that these people are involved in an ongoing concerted effort to perpetrate these various myths -- such as the myth that many or most judgments are void -- because they are central players in and beneficiaries of the scam.

If one takes only a little time to follow the posts of these same folks at various other message boards, using Google, the truth is readily apparent. Those who are engaged in the day to day business of defrauding distressed borrowers have a strong interest in keeping the myths alive. Whenever they perceive anyone actually telling the truth, they go into an attack mode.

This is not about a difference of opinion or disagreement as to the law. It is about whether or not the public is to be presented with the truth or whether the big lie, propagated by the various scam artists, is sufficiently widely accepted to assure a continuing flow of new victims for the scam.

Those who understand the sinister nature of what is underway are rightfully angry. Those who continue to post false information -- such as the myth that foreclosure judgments are void -- deserve to be in prison for the harm they continue to cause as they defraud an ever growing circle of victims.
Quote 0 0
poe
It is not only sinister, but it is seductive. And that is the worst part. The lie is easy to believe, until it falls apart. 
Quote 0 0
Marshall
Quote:
It is not only sinister, but it is seductive. And that is the worst part. The lie is easy to believe, until it falls apart.


So it is with all confidence games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidence_trick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_confidence_tricks
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...